Chapter 34 { dreamz }

DeVante Swing
October 23rd,1996
Ontario,Canada

"De, give me a piece of your chicken" K-Ci asks me and I look at him and then at my chicken, is he dumb?

"Didn't we ask you if you wanted something to eat?" I ask him and shrugs his shoulders.

"I wasn't hungry then, but I'm hungry now so are you going to share or not?" K-Ci asks and I sigh.

I push the box of KFC in front of him and I watch him take two pieces of my chicken. He passes me back the box and I look at it with disgust.

"I don't even wanna eat this shit anymore." I remark. I hate when people eat from my food. The only person I allowed to do that was Nyla but she is obviously sucking off a creature as we speak so I'll pass.

Nyla and Jodeci's relationship has been so bad lately. It's like we hate each other but for what reason?

I understand why she hates me but the rest of the group? Nah. Probably they are following what I'm doing. Probably they did something to Nyla that I don't know about. All I really know is, we are getting under her skin.

We share the same tour bus but it seems like she isn't there because she avoids all contact with anyone on the bus. She doesn't talk to us and she stays in her corners.

It's best that way.

K-Ci, Dalvin, and I were currently in the front eating and playing cards. JoJo was asleep in the back and Nyla was doing God Knows what back there.

I notice her come from the back and walk up with a bottle of apple juice in her hands. She looks at me, then she looks at her bottle and she starts walking away.

"Nyla?" I ask and she stops in her tracks and turns around.

She looks at me with annoyance plastered on her face.

"What? Why are you talking to me?" She asks and I sigh.

"We got some food, just wanted to ask if you were hungry." I say showing her another box of KFC uneaten.

"If I was hungry I would eat the food. Thanks but no thanks DeVante." She says. She then lightly chuckles and walks off.

I notice K-Ci and Dalvin look at each other and then look at me.

"All I gotta say is, shawty ain't worth it. I mean look at her. There's so many other fly mamas than her." K-Ci says and I turn my attention to him.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him

"We know you still love her." Dalvin says and I kiss my teeth.

"Y'all have eyes now? Wow." I say grabbing the cards and started playing with them.

"So that's a yes?" Dalvin asks again.

"Obviously, I still love her. I am in love with her. Will always love her. I just fucked up to the point where she hates me and wants nothing to do with me." I say and K-Ci raises his eyebrows.

"Mmm." Dalvin says while looking at the table.

I notice K-Ci and Dalvin both look at a direction and they shake their head.

"Oh shit." K-Ci says I look at him confused.

"Oh shit wha-"

"DeVante." I hear Nyla say.

I turn around and I notice her standing up against the door.

"Have fun." Dalvin says standing up and heading to the back.

"Yup." K-Ci says while standing up and following Dalvin.

It was just Nyla and I there and the mood was depressing.

She walks up to the table where I was sitting and looks at me.

I look back at her and she just stares at me.

"I miss you." I say and she smiles back.

"I miss you too." She says and the words shock me.

"Really?" I ask and she nods.

"Then Come here then." I say and I pull her lips towards mine.

The kiss felt so surreal.

I don't know what happened but I felt cold water thrown on me.

"WAKE YOUR ASS UP!" JoJo yells and I notice him over me.

What the fuck.

"Wake my ass up?" I ask confused and he smacks his lips.

"We are late for rehearsal because of your dumbass." He says and I look around I noticed I was in bed.

It was just a Dream. Fuck.

"I'm sorry.. my bad." I say getting up from the bed.

"Don't apologize now, get ready nigga." JoJo says and I rub my eyes.

I need my girl back.

I need her.