Chapter 47 { BABY }

Nyla DeGrate
January 3rd, 2000
Los Angelos, California

"All you do is work! All you fucking do is work!" De says and I kiss my teeth.

Here he goes again.

I learned how to let him rant and go off.

Me entertaining the bullshit will honestly drain me.

Marriage changed me.

I am no longer willing to go back and forth with anyone and y'all know how hard it is for me to not argue.

I'm at a point in my life where I don't really dwell or acknowledge certain things.

"Ok Donald." I say and he rubs his head.

"Do you even care?" He asks

"Yes Donald."

"You just finished wrapping up Romeo must die and I'm so happy for you, but you were gone for half the year." He says and I look at him.

"I told you to come with me, but you didn't so... who's fault is that?" I ask and he kisses his teeth.

"I'm not gonna do this with you right now Nyla."

"Then don't." I say and walk away.

In all actuality, the reason why i didn't want to argue because I am pregnant.

I came back two months ago and DeVante and I had some "haven't seen you in 6 months" sex without any protection and then boop. I'm pregnant.

I didn't care if he came inside of me or not because I kinda wanted a child right now so I didn't really care.

I was already doing my third album, finished up my first movie, and starting another one in August of 2000.

Everything was in good accordance but I didn't want to tell DeVante anything because the way he is acting right now is just ridiculous.

What is really the issue here? I just couldn't understand.

I never complained about anything he does so for him to be ballistic about me working is crazy.

"I spent 6 lonely months here without you. I had to jerk off to pictures of you!" He exclaims and I stare at him.

"DeVante can you stop all this yelling?" I ask and furrows his eyebrows.

"What do you mean stop all this yelling! I was crazy here without you. How you think it feels for me to not see my wife for half the year?" He yells and I stare.

As you can see, staring is now my speciality.

"I'm sorry it's just that... I haven't been doing anything lately and I feel like I have no purpose in this relationship." De says and I look at him.

"What do you mean?" I ask

"It's like you got your shit going on and I don't. In the beginning of our relationship I was doing my music thing and it feels like now, I hit rock bottom." De says and I sigh.

I go up to him and pull him into a hug.

I embrace his scent and close my eyes.

He smelled so good and I felt like this was the right time to tell him the news.

"Baby, you do have a purpose." I say and he kisses his teeth.

"No I don't." He says

"You're gonna be a father. That's a purpose." I respond and I could feel De stop breathing.

He pulls away from the hug and looks at me.

"You're lying." He says and I shake my head.

"I'm not. Two months." I say and I notice his eye begin to water.

"Oh shit! Baby! Why didn't you tell me this earlier!" He yells and I shrug.

"Cause you've been acting like a little bitch. Doing all this complaining and shit and I didn't want to tell you but you got so emotional today so..."

"My baby is having a baby!" He yells and he grabs me in for a hug.

"I know. I know. I'm excited too." I say and pulls me in for a kiss.

He then pulls away and wipes his eyes.

"Let me call the boys and tell them the news." He says and I laugh.

"Go ahead." I say and he runs off to the living room.

I am truly in a happy place in my life.

Everything seems to be going together very well.

Two platinum albums, movies being lined up, a husband, and a child on the way?

Life has been so great to me and I do not want this feeling to go away.

I have so much to offer but I can't help but feel as if this won't last forever.

Although I've been feeling very happy with everything surrounding me, I sort of feel lost.

And I couldn't explain it.

Why was I lost.