Chapter 10 { video soul }

Nyla Jones
August 15th,1994
Los Angelos, California

"Yeah Mel.. I gotta do some interview with Video Soul." I say into the phone while waiting for De to hurry up. For a guy, he takes forever to get ready. We have a joined interview with myself and Jodeci so we are all going together.

"Ima tap in... I wanna see my bestie flourish on my television screen." She says and I smile.

"You over here being impatient and you not even ready." De says coming down the stairs and staring at me up and down.

"I'm gonna call you back Melanie." I say hanging up the phone.

"First of all I am ready." I say pointing to my outfit.

"Is this what you're gonna wear to an interview?" De asks me and I kiss my teeth

"I have it on Don't I?" I say with sarcasm and he just walks away to the kitchen.

"You have a nasty ass attitude." He says then swallowing a large ass gulp of water.

"My attitude varies on the moment." I say sitting down at the table.

"Yo where the fuck is the boys... I told them to meet me here at exactly-"

The doorbell rings and he stops his sentence... he runs to the door and this is where all the commotion starts.

"Wassup Bro." JoJo says while dapping De up.

"You got anything to drink here? I'm thirsty." Dalvin says while walking in the house and opening the fridge.

"You can't tell me hello?" I ask and he looks at me surprised.

"I didn't even see you there... hey Nyla." He says while grabbing a cup and pouring out sprite.

"Your ass always eat- Nyla." K-Ci says and I roll my eyes at him.

"Cedric." I say in response and K-Ci just laughs.

"Y'all ugly ass niggas ready?" De says walking into the kitchen with JoJo and we all nod.

We walk outside to the car dropping us off at the Video Soul studio. After an hour drive we finally made it to the headquarters and we are currently waiting to begin the interview.

I sat on the couch with Dalvin and K-Ci while JoJo & De sat on the stools behind the couch.

"Ready guys?" Sherry Carter asks us.