Chapter 28 { drid }

DeVante Swing
May 14th,1995
Los Angelos, California

Jodeci recently has finished our new album titled "The Show, The After-Party, The Hotel" with the grace of god. It is supposed to reach shelf's this upcoming July. I received the first copy so I wanted Nyla to hear the music on the album.

"Nyla-Janae Jones!" I yell and I see her walk into the room with one of my t-shirts on, her sweatpants, and her hair in a high messed up bun.

"What do you want Marvin the Martian?" Nyla asks and I smack my lips.

"You." I say smirking at her and she starts to laugh.

"Very funny De... what do you really want?" She asks me while putting her hands on her hip.

"A valid opinion." I say

"On?" She asks

"We finished the album and I have the first copy. I want you to be the first fan to hear it." I say and Nyla starts smiling.

"Awww that's so sweet! E.T really adores me!" Nyla says while running up to me and pinching my cheeks.

"What's up with the names? Is it roast DeVante day or something?" I ask

"Nah, that's an everyday thing." Nyla says and I kiss my teeth.

"This is the album." I say taking it out my inside pocket of my jacket and handing it to her.

"The Show, The After-Party, the Hotel." She reads and I nod.

"Long ass album name." She says and I stare at her.

"Don't you have a long ass song name on your album? Isn't it called no one knows how to love me quite like you do or some shit?" I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"Okay but that's a song... this is an album." Nyla says while pointing to the disc.

"No one knows how to love me quite like you do is a whole ass song lyric though." I fire back and she starts laughing.

"You got, you got it." She says and I start smiling at her.

"What do you want me to do with it?" She asks

"Listen to it and tell me your opinion." I say and she nods. She goes over the dresser and puts the disc inside of the radio.

The introduction to the album started playing and as usual, I was impressed because my smarts decided to do that.

After 7 songs and many bonding, we finally reached 'Get on Up' my least favorite song on the album. Something about it wasn't right.

"This song is a bop!" Nyla says while nodding her head to the beat I rolled my eyes.

"You don't like it?" She asks me and I shrug my shoulders.

"Didn't you produce it?" She asks me again.

"Nah, it was Dalvin." I say and she starts smiling hella hard.

"Lil' Dalvin? Dalvin the pitbull? Ertimus did this? Oh shit." Nyla says and I started to lowly chuckle.

"Yeah he did but I don't like it that much. It's so... weird." I say and she stares at me with a 'nigga if you don't shut the fuck up before I slap you' expression.

"Shut The fuck up. The reason why you don't like it is because you didn't produce it. And that's facts." Nyla says and the words shock me.

"That's not the reas-"

"Yes it is Donald." She says and I look away. I'm not gonna sit up here and argue about something that I know isn't true.

"Whatever just listen to the other songs." I say trying to move on from the situation. Nyla is the kind of person that can read a person through how they act or respond to certain situations. It scares me because I know that she knows what I'm doing. Or she is going to catch on sooner or later.

"DeVante." Nyla says and I look up at her.

"What the fuck is this?" Nyla asks and I immediately stop breathing as I realize 'P.I.B 4 Play' is playing through the speakers.

"An intermission..." I drag out and she looks up and licks her lips.

I had Rolita suck my dick lively so the track can sound more interesting.

"Do I look dumb? Is she sucking your dick?" She asks and I had to make up a quick lie in my head.

"Babe no! What do I look like? We literally got plastic and rubbed it into the speakers and talked as if she was giving me oral. It didn't happen foreal." I say and she just stares at me as if she knows im lying.

"I'm not lying! I swear to everything! I wouldn't violate you like that!" I say and she just stares at me.

"You think I'm dumb? I know your scrawny ass is lying, your octave gets higher and you ramble." She says crossing her arms and I look away.

"Babygirl, That shit ain't happen." I say and she shakes her head.

"Mmm, Okay De. Let's ask the bitch if it's true." Nyla says and the words shook me.

"No no no, there's no need to ask an-"

"If she didn't suck your dick there's no need to be worried right De? Right. So tomorrow I'm coming with you to the studio." Nyla says and I just sit there confused.

"Nyla Chi-"

"What's her name?" She asks me

"Rolita." I say

"We gonna ask Hoelita the Facts tomorrow. And don't call her asking her to cover shit up for you because I will embarrass you in front of your whole label. Swing Mob gonna be End Mob when I'm finished with you." Nyla warns and I instantly grow nervous. Shit.

"Bab-"

"Suck My Dick." Nyla says

"I didn't let her suck my di-"

"And I'm not a virgin." Nyla says and I look up in frustration.

"Aight say that." I say getting up from the room and slamming the door.

Shit. What did I get myself into.... again.