Chapter 31 { loving u }

Nyla Jones
September 30th,1996
Los Angelos, California

"And I will always love you!" Ronnie sings to me and I start laughing.

It's been a year since I've left DeVante and I have never been this happy in awhile. Ronnie genuinely loves me and I notice that he does everything in his power to make me happy. DeVante only cared about himself and that's why I let him hurt me so many times, because I was brainwashed by his bullshit.

I released my second album 'One in a Million' last month and it went triple platinum in less than a month. I'm supposed to be going on tour next week. My publicist says that I will joining with another group and BBD. I hope it is Boys II Men and not Hoedeci.

"I love you too Ron." I say giving him a kiss on his cheek.

"Are you hungry?" He asks me and I shake my head no.

"I'm good." I say while laying down on his chest. I listen to his heartbeat and I realize that it's beating fast as hell.

"Why is your heart beating so fast?" I ask him

"That's how I feel when I'm around you." He says looking down at me and I smile.

"You know... I've only been with 2 guys in my whole life." I say and he chuckles a bit.

"Really?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah, You And DeVante." I say and he scoffs.

"DeVante didn't deserve you." Ronnie says.

"I know... you actually treat me better than how he used to treat me. Thank you for opening me up to new possibilities that I will never get to see." I say easing up from his chest and looking at him in his eyes.

"Don't thank me for anything. You deserve it." He says. He then plants a kiss on my forehead and I start smiling hard.

"Are you sure you aren't hungry?" He asks me again.

"I'm sure. Can't wait for this tour!" I say with excitement.

"Me too. We can wear matching outfits and shit." Ronnie says and I laugh.

"Shut Up weirdo." I say punching him in his arm.

"We can get one of them 'I'm her girlfriend' 'He's my boyfriend' shirts." Ronnie says and I start to laugh.

"You're really cringeworthy Ron." I say smiling at him.

"I'm Ronald Devoe... what do you expect?" He says and I roll my eyes.

"I expect you to be that mellow fellow." I say and he starts laughing.

"And I am corny." He says and we both fall into fits of laughter.

I notice my pager go off and I look at the number on the screen, my Publicist is calling me.

"Be right back, let me answer this." I say coming off of Ronnie and running to my phone.

I answer the phone immediately.

"Nyla-Janae Jones! How are you?" My Publicist Sasha says into the phone and I start smiling.