Chapter 39 { Nyla's Rant }

Nyla Jones
April 27th, 1997
Los Angeles, California

Don't kill me.

Don't attack me.

Don't curse me out.

But I think what I am about to say is out of fear and I may not mean it.

To be honest, what if De and I getting married isn't the best idea?

We are getting married in November and the more the days count down, the more my anxiety worsens.

I know De probably told y'all some shit about how he's happy and how he's living his best life.

But I'm not.

I feel like he's forcing himself to do all these things for me. I don't even think he wants to do it for himself and I don't like that.

I know he loves me and everything but I don't want him to always drop shit for me.

"Are you guys going to discuss about how you feel?"

That's the issue right there in our relationship.

We just assume.

Another reason why I'm scared to get married.

I love him and y'all should know this by now. It's been 9 years since we have been up and down this rollercoaster.

But the issue still remains that everything is not what it seems.

His doctor may have told him that he doesn't have to take his pills anymore, which is a good thing but I think he's worse now.

I think it's because a lot of shit has happened in such a short amount of time.

On some real shit tho, he could never catch a break.

I think it's a family curse but it can't be because when I look and Dalvin and Derek they seem to have their shit under control.

I think it's a DeVante thing or the simple fact that he longs for something that he never had growing up.

"Nyla! You downstairs?" De asks me from upstairs.

Yes, this is like some movie shit where everything around you is paused and you're now speaking to the audience.

The audience are you guys.

"What do you want?" I ask, yelling back out of annoyance.

Y'all.

I'm about to laugh hold on.

So basically, the other day... DeVante fell down the stairs.

Y'all are probably wondering why?

Well, DeVante has the habit of waking up at 3am to go eat food inside of the fridge. And it's every morning by the way.

I'm guessing when he was on his way downstairs, he probably missed a flight and fell down.

Mind you, DeVante is hella big.