Chapter 20 { lost }

DeVante Swing
September 30th,1994
Los Angelos,California

"Donald Earle Degrate?" I hear unfamiliar voice say as my eyes were closed.

I open my eyes and I see a light shinning in my face and a white man with a doctors coat on.

"Hello I'm Dr.Reeves." The man says and I lightly smile at him. I look around and I see Dalvin & K-Ci sitting down on the chairs and me laying down in a hospital bed.

"What happened?" I ask trying to get up but i feel back down as I was too weak to get up.

"Umm... you got into a car accident sir." The doctor says with hesitance.

"A car accident?" I ask and the doctor nods.

"Wow." I shaking my head. It's like every-time I get closer to deliverance, I fall back in the same situation. Hurt or going crazy.

"But Thank god you survived with no injuries. You may feel weak right now because we injected something inside you to calm you down as you were hysterical when coming in here." The doctor says and I stare at him confused.

"Hysterical?" I ask

"You were yelling,and screaming." The doctor says and I stare at him.

"Where's my girlfriend is she okay?" I ask and the doctor looks away.

"Is my girlfriend okay! Is Nyla okay?" I ask and the doctor licks his lips and sighs.

"She's fine. She's just in ICU." The doctor says.

"Can I see her?" I ask

"I'm not sure Don-"

"You said I'm fine right? Let me see my girlfriend. Please." I say cutting him off

"Fine." He says helping me up.

"Where you going De?" Dalvin asks while waking K-Ci up.

"He's going to see his girlfriend." The doctor says and Dalvin nods.

"Aight, we coming with you." K-Ci says while rubbing his eyes.

We walk down the hall to room 423 and the doctor opens the door. Nyla was currently awake, sitting up staring at the ceiling.

"Nyla... I thought I lost you again." I say running to her. She doesn't say anything and just stares at me.

"Nyla?" I ask and she just stares at me.

"She's been like this ever since she came inside this hospital." JoJo says while sitting in the chair next to her bed. His chin is currently in his palm.

"Been like what? Antisocial?" I ask going to sit next to her.

"Nyla-Janae." Dalvin says and she just stares at him as tears begin to from in her eyes.

"Donald." Nyla says while looking at me.

"What happened?" I say with concern.

"We lost the baby." She says and my heart drops.

"Say that again?" I say and I notice a tear drop fall from her eyes.

"We lost the baby in the crash De. It's gone." She says with a crack in her voice and I stood over her motionless.

"Baby? Nyla... you were pregnant?" JoJo asks and she nods at him.

"Well if that ain't surprising." K-Ci says

"Damn." Dalvin says with his eyebrows arched.

"Can you give us a moment." I ask the guys and the doctor.

"Sure, I'll show you guys to the cafeteria." The doctors say while motioning K-Ci, JoJo, and Dalvin to leave.

"It hurts, so fucking bad." She says and I notice the pain in her voice. I was honestly confused as to why she was so hurt because she didn't even want the baby in the first place.

"Baby it's okay, we're gonna get through this." I say grabbing her and holding her into my arms. She sobs and I cry with her.

I almost was happy, I almost got everything I wanted. But that all changed. This moment changed everything. This moment changed Nyla.