18.| Don't Leave Me

Linong's POV

I feel pain... and agony.

Yuejia!? Where is she?! I need to find her! I need to know if she's okay!

"Nongnong~!" There she is.

I ran at her, wrapped my arms around her tightly, not wanting to ever let her go.

"Your safe right? We're safe right?"

Yuejia smiled brightly as she ran her fingers through my hair. "We are... if you stay up here with me." I stepped back a bit.

Up here? What does that mean?

"Yuejia. What does that mean?"

"Were in heaven right now Nongnong. The safest and happiest place in the whole entire universe!" She exclaimed, hugging me.

"No... your not Yuejia." I said, trying to push her away from me, but she kept hugging me tighter and tighter.

"What do you mean!? I am Yuejia! See." I closed my eyes, shaking my head. "NO! Your not my Yuejia!" I yelled pushing her away. "My Yuejia is on earth!"

"Nongnong. She died. She's up here. She is me."

Still, I objected, shaking my head even more.

"NO NO NO! Yuejia didn't die! I saved her!! She's alive! And I need to get to her!"

I turned my back and ran. I didn't know where I was going, but I was running away from this. This isn't heaven. Not without the real Zhen Yuejia... my Yuejia.

"Yuejia. I promise I would always protect you and I don't plan on breaking that promise ever!" I said to myself.

Wait for me Yuejia...

__________

Your POV

It was still dark. I don't know how long I've been here. But it feels like an eternity.

Alone.

I feel so empty and lifeless...

The only thing I hear is this weird... beeping noise.

"Yuejia-ah..."

"Linong?"

"Get better okay?"

I can hear him... but can't see him. Why?

Why can't I see him?

"Yuejia. I promised to always protect you. I did good right?"

I felt streams of tears falling from my eyes. Why is he being like this?

"Wait for me. Okay?"

After those words, his voice just faded off. I tried to call for him to come back. But nothing.

"Chen Linong!"

"Yuejia! You woke up!"

I was brought back to reality; I was out of that dark place. Finally...

"Gege... what happened?!" Minghua-ge hugged me tightly. "You're shoulder and hip was bleeding... you lost a lot of blood." He sobbed. I sighed in relief. "Gege. I'm fine now-"

"Idiot! Do you know worried I was? You were out for 2 days!" He yelled but hugged me tighter. I hugged him and cried a bit.

He's right... I am an idiot.

"That guy. Bufan. Is he dead?" I asked.

"Yeah... the identified all of the ones that died. About 100 of them died." I bit my bottom lip hearing him say that. "You ended this fight meimei..."