21.| I Won't Give Up

Linong's POV

After that day. I was never the same person... I noticed how distant I got between my friends and my parents.

I finally understood the pain that Yuejia went through, the natural instant for pushing people away.

My parents kept telling me to not let one person ruin my future, my reputation, my life.

I understood where they were coming from, but that didn't change the fact that they shipped off my first love and how they thought it was okay for them to do that.

I went to our secret sanctuary where I brought her.

There. I found a box underneath the bench. I pulled it out and opened it.

Inside was all the stuff I bought for her. She really did leave everything behind and left...

I hate her... I hate her for only thinking about herself and leaving. I hate her for leaving me like this... leaving me behind in pain.

I chucked the box somewhere out of anger, then dropped down to my knees.

But after kneeling down and crying in silence for a bit, I realized that I was picking up the items one by one, holding them close to me.

"No... I won't give up so easily. I won't."

__________

Your POV

I was able to graduate earlier than most students at my school, I also got the news that my step-mom gave birth to a girl. She was slightly early for her due date, but I was happy to know that the baby is safe and alive.

It had been months since I've seen Linong... and I won't lie. I don't like the feeling... the feeling of not seeing him, not hearing his voice. It pains me to stay away from him.

It just makes me feel... feel like what I did was wrong.

RING RING

I pulled out my phone and saw it was Minghua-ge.

-PHONE CALL-

"Wei?..." I answered emotionlessly. I could hear him sigh through the phone.

"Where the heck are you?"

"I'm near a small park, you know that one near the 7ELEVEN?"

"Aha. Well. I'm going to a concert tonight with some of my friends. So just go eat at 7ELEVEN."

"Wow, isn't that healthy," I answered back sarcastically. I could imagine that he is rolling his eyes right now at me.

"Alright, I gotta go sis-"

"Wait wait!" I quickly yelled through the phone.

"What?"

"Are you going to the TWICE concert?"

The phone goes silent.

"Gege. Are you. Going. To. The TWICE concert?" I asked emphasizing it again. Then my phone replies with multiple beeps. I moved the phone away from my ear and saw that the call has ended... he hung up on me.

-PHONE CALL ENDED-

"How dare he..."

I then go up from the swing set, slipped my phone back in my pocket; as I was about to walk to 7ELEVEN when something caught me off guard.