19.| By Your Side

Linong's POV

When will I wake up from this... this nightmare.

I'm going crazy from just staring at this perfect, "happy place". Even though it's fake.

"Gaahh... I want to kill myself from just seeing this. Why can't I just wake up?!" I yelled, gripping my hair.

"Chen Linong-ah. Why the hell haven't you woken up yet?" I heard her voice. It's her voice.

"Yuejia!!! Where are you??" There was no answer.

"No... Yuejia!" I dropped down to the ground and cried. I want to see her... I just to hold her and tell her I loved her... but why am I not allowed to do that?

"Yuejia... I love you... just. Just so much."

Then... suddenly my surroundings went black. But a tiny bright light was still shinning.

'Don't go to it' my brain said. But in my heart, I knew it was my way out... so I went.

__________

Your POV

I sat by his side for the past 5 days now.

But still nothing. Just the dumb sound of his heart rate, and nothing else.

"Yesh... Linong-ah... I never knew it would be so hard just to wait for someone to wake up." I groaned. But soon regretted it.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean that. It's just I miss hearing your voice and all. Please wake up soon. You know how impatient I am..."

Again... as much as I talked and try. I get nothing back in return.

I reached out and grabbed his hand, squeezing it a bit.

"Apart is of me wishes that you will never wake up so that I can always be by your side... but the other half wishes you did, to know that you're going to be okay... but if that happens. I would have to leave."

Again... no movement. Nothing.

"Aha. Linong-ah. Please do something to tell me you're going to wake up." I whined a bit.

Then... I felt it. I felt him... move his hand. He gripped the hand I was holding tightly.

No words could describe how happy I was to know that he is alive and waking up.

"Yuejia!"

He's awake.

"Li-Linong! You're awake! Finally." I said, tearing up. He looked over to my side and smiled in relief. "Your real right?"

"Course I am dumbass! Oh! Let me go get a doctor!" As I said that Linong didn't let go of my hand. But pulling me, making me crash into his side.

"It really is you... thank god."

"Aha- LINONG! My shoulder..." I panicked. Linong quickly lets go of me, looking at me with concern. "What wrong with your shoulder??"

"Don't worry about me. The important thing is that you're alive."

__________

The doctor said that Linong is recovering fine, and he should be able to check out in 2 days.

In the time meaning before his parents come. I sat by his side, just trying to use up as much as time with him as possible.

"You want me to get you some water?" I asked he shook his head in response. "When did you get so kind and caring for others?" He asked, making me smirk a bit. "I decided to give myself another chance at being another, decent human. One that doesn't include killing, hating, making enemies, and putting the people I care about in danger."