Chapter 40

While we were driving, I noticed that the island was mostly populated by Rakyat warriors and they were either driving or walking around the place. Jason would nod at them and they would nod back and say, hello brother.

We found a nice spot on the beach and Jason started unloading the bodies, while I sat on a rock and watched him. I noticed that Jason handled the dead bodies with care as if they were unconscious. If it were me unloading the bodies, I would just throw them on the floor.

"Hey, are you ready to burn the bodies?" Jason asked me.

"Huh? Oh, yeah." I got up and I took a small oil bottle and I squeezed all the oil onto the bodies. I then took out the lighter and I slowly put the fire on a trail of oil that was far from the fire. The oil caught on fire and the bodies started burning. Jason and I watched as if it were fireworks and then we left because it started to smell bad.

"Where do we go now?" I asked him.

"I want to go to Citra's temple first, we need some answers."

"We're not going to stay long are we?"

"Why?"

"Because I'm not a big fan of her temple, especially when everybody over there hates me."

"Just let me do the talking then."

"Alright, I guess." We drove in silence to Citra's temple.

(Arriving At The Temple...)

"Jason, is that you?" We turned our heads to see Dennis walking up to us with a big smile on his face.

"Citra was worried about you and...oh! It seems like you brought a friend over! Nice to meet you!" Dennis shook my hand and I smiled at him.

"It's me Dennis, Blake? You don't remember me?" I asked and it took him a second before he finally realized he met me before.

"Ah Blake! I haven't seen you in a long time, so I don't remember how you look like. Are you here to see Citra?" He asked us.

"Yes." Jason answered for me and Dennis nodded. We walked up to the temple gate and it opened. Citra was standing in the middle as always, waiting for us.

"Jason! You have come back! I thought that Hoyt had killed you." She grabbed both of his hands and she smiled at him. Jason smiled, but then let go of her hands.

"We need to ask you some questions Citra, they're important." Before Jason could say anything else, Citra had a bottle in her hand and she held it out for Jason to take. He opened his mouth to say something, but Citra held the bottle closer to his face.

"If you want to find out what your heart truly desires, drink from this bottle."

"What my heart truly desires? Is this safe?" Jason asked her.

"Drink it and find out."

Jason took the bottle and he started to drink. I watched as Jason gulped it all down and he started to do some weird shit. He mumbled something before he fell to the floor and I ran to his side. I leaned my head on his chest and I felt a pair of hands slowly rub my left shoulder. I looked up and saw Citra smiling down at me.

"He is not dead. It is like he drank a sleeping potion and will awaken soon, now come with me. I have something to show you." Citra held my hand and she led me to the back of the temple and she showed me a small patch of straw on the floor. It looked more like a mat and it seemed to have been slept on before.

"Is this it? I thought it was something important." I said, but I guess I wasn't paying attention because she put her hands on my chest and she took my left arm and traced my veins. I watched as she kept feeling my arm and she finally let go.