Chapter 52

When we walked downstairs, I told Sam the whole story. He didn't seem too happy when I mentioned his name. I heard Sam mumbling in German and I could tell things were going to end badly. We stopped in front of the door and Sam opened it.

"Remember, smile, you're on camera." He told me and I nodded. I walked in and saw a guy who was a little shorter than me, but probably the same age. He had messy hair and was bloody all over. He looked up with tired eyes and I stared back at him. The door closed behind me and I knew that it was time to start the show.

I noticed that the guy had a bullet wound in his shoulder and a bloody nose. This guy must have been through some tough shit.

"Who are you? What is your name?" I asked.

"...." He stared at me and spit on my shoe.

"Dude! What the fuck did you do that for? You know how many times I had to change my shoes because of stains and shit?" I yelled at him.

"...."

"Just answer my questions and I promise that I won't hurt you." I said. He stared back at me, probably thinking about what I just said. Honestly, I really didn't want to hurt this guy. For some reason, I felt like this guy was very important.

"Go fuck yourself." He told me and he spit on my shirt.

"That's it." I said and I punched him in the face. He whimpered and I heard him say something.

"Say it louder!"

"Riley! My name's Riley!"

"Who brought you to this island?"

"My brother."

"Who is your brother?"

"Grant!"

"Who do you work for?" He asked me and I punched him in the face.

"I ask the fucking questions! Who do you fucking work for?" I asked him.

"I don't work for anyone! I just want to go home!"

"Well too fucking bad!" I punched him in the face and grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"Listen here you little piece of shit, I want answers and if you fucking lie to me...there's going to be hell to pay." I threw him on the ground and started to kick him. I grabbed him again and placed him in the chair.

"Do you have any friends that are on this island? Why are you here?"

"I came with 6 people...I don't know where they went I swear!"

"But why did you come here?"

"I came here because I was on v-vacation with my friends and b-brothers and then a bunch-ch of assholes showed up an-and now I'm here." He had tears in his eyes and I felt so bad for hurting him, but I have to do what Hoyt says because my brother's lives are on the line.

"I think he has answered all the questions, but Hoyt wants you to do a little more damage to him." Sam said as he opened the door.

"Fine." I said and I put my finger on Riley's bullet wound and pushed the bullet farther in his shoulder. He screamed and I swear I must have gone deaf. I pulled my finger out and Riley slumped against the chair all broken and hurt. I walked out of the room and was welcomed by Hoyt.

"Hey. Great work of getting his name. Inspired use of the carrot and the stick. I've got a good feeling now that you haven't disappointed me. Listen, I want you to come to play some poker with me, Sam you're invited too...maybe Foster as well. We'll discuss business."

"Great. Let me know when, I'm free anytime." I said.

"Good! Beautiful. I'll make sure Sam gives you the information. Poker night!" Hoyt walked away and I turned to Sam.

"Now what? I can't do anything that can sabotage Hoyt. He'll kill my brothers."

"I'll get Jason to help me disable Hoyt's communication network and then we'll explode his fuel depot. The chaos in the Gestapo will allow us to execute him at the poker game. Das ist gut, ja?"

"I guess, but what do I do?"

"Why don't you go visit your brothers and make sure Hoyt hasn't done anything to them. You need a break sometimes you know?"

"Thanks dad." I said annoyed. Sam laughed and patted my back.

"Dad? Boy if I were your dad you wouldn't be here right now. You'd be in the military."

"Military? Yeah right." I said, then Sam and I parted ways.

(Under Dr. Earnhardt's House...)

"How you been feeling lately?' Matt asked me.

"Ok...I guess." Talks like these make me feel so awkward.

"You know you can tell me stuff, right? I won't judge you."

"I know you won't, but what about him." I nodded towards Kevin who was talking to Oliver.

"Kevin? He's just trying to get over the fact that his little brother kills people for fun."

"See. This is why I don't talk to you guys. You always assume the things that I do, I like them. I don't like killing people (kind of), but what am I supposed to do? If I don't do anything my boss will get angry."

"I know, but like I said. Don't kill people for fun, kill them for a reason. A good reason. Now go talk to Kevin. He thinks you're mad at him or something."

I got up and walked over to Kevin. Oliver nodded at me and smoked his cigarette. Kevin started to smoke and I waited for him to say something, but he didn't.

"Aren't you going to say something?" I asked.

"What do I have to say? Nothing at all." I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Kevin, are you mad at me?" I asked.

"What does it look like?" That was it. This is the last straw.

"Just answer me you fucking jackass." The look I got from him was definitely not good.

"What the fuck did you just say?"

"You fucking heard me. If you're mad at me, get over it. If I have to play the bad guy, I'm going to play the bad guy. Life isn't full of rainbows and unicorns. If you don't like my decisions, then fuck off."

"You shut your God damn mouth. And I'm not mad you...I'm mad at myself."

"Look, you tried to protect me, but you didn't fail. I'm still here aren't I? Just know that whatever happens to me is not because of you, but because of me. It was my choice." I could see the tears forming in Kevin's eyes.

"Do you want a hug?" I asked him and in a split second I felt arms wrap around me. I felt him hug me tighter and he started to sob.

"You better not get your tears and snot on my shirt dude. I had to change my shirt a lot and I'm kind of sick of it."

"Shut up...you nerd." He sobbed and I giggled. When he let go he rubbed my hair and puffed a cloud of smoke.

"You need a hair cut because your hair is becoming just like the jungle outside."

"What? No way! This hair looks good with a beanie...if I had one."

"Are you guys done? Jason's here." Daisy said and pointed towards the entrance of the cave and I saw Jason being greeted by everyone.

I walked up to him and gave him a high five. He high fived me back and we both sat down to talk. I decided that I would tell him about what happened today, but little did I know I was in for a big beating.