Chapter 48

"What in the fuck is he doing?" Jason asked as we walked up to Buck. He was laying on a rock in a very...how should I say...provocative position. I don't think it's sexy, I think it's disgusting and weird. But that's Buck. He looked at us and nodded.

"Compass points down that hill." Jason said.

"What? No hello? Aw, that's too bad. History time!" Buck leaped from his position and he stood up straight.

"Captain Lin Cong's tomb. Now, legend has it that this guy, he went all pharoah. Got the locals to build him one before Zheng He came along and sank his little empire. But nobody knew where the tomb was, but my guess is...." He pointed down the hill.

"Bon voyage, mate!" He said and walked back to the rock.

"No problem, we can make that." I said.

We both backed up and took a running start. I jumped off first and screamed cowabunga. Jason came second and we both looked down. The drop was huge and it felt like forever for us to fall. We dropped into the water and swam to the surface.

"Welp, here we go again." I said.

Jason and I went through the same thing we always go through to get Buck's knife. Vaas's men were all over the place and we had to clear them out. Everything was going fine until we hit a room where it was surrounded by acid.

"What the hell kind of place is this? Acid? Are you fucking kidding me?" Jason said.

"We go through all of this shit for a knife, it better be worth it." I said.

We slowly made our way through the acid and killed a few of Vaas's men who came along our path. We finally made it to a big shrine and I could tell, we were getting close.

"Dude, open the door on the shrine. The knife's probably under it." I said.

Jason opened the door and the shrine pushed back slowly. It revealed some stairs that led deeper into the cave. We made our down the steps that led to a room with the tomb in it. It was s dusty old coffin and I came up to it and pushed the lid off. Jason saw the knife and picked it up.

"There you are." As soon as he picked it up, a small lion head that was above us started to breathe fire and we quickly ran for it...again.

All was well running away from a bunch of fire that was spreading everywhere, but then...things got intense. The ceiling stated to come down so Jason and I had to lay down on our stomach and crawl through the small gap. I almost didn't make it, but I did. My shoelace got caught in it, but I quickly took my knife and cut it. We made our way through the small gap and we saw the light form the outside. We were safe.

When we got outside we expected to see Buck all smug like, but he was no where to be seen. Jason took out his phone and dialed Buck's number.

"You're not here." Jason said.

"Not this time, mate. Did you boys find it? The knife? The tomb?"

"Yes, we have the knife. We're coming."

"Meet me at my place." Buck said and hung up. We looked at each other and shrugged. At least we get Keith back, that's all that matters. We slowly drove our way to Buck's planning out how to kill him.

(Arriving At Buck's House...)

When we arrived, it was late at night. The perfect time to commit murder. We had it all planned out. As soon as we find Keith we distract Buck and kill him. We walked up to the door and knocked on it. Buck of course opened it and welcomed us inside.

"You like my boxers? They're pretty neat." Buck randomly asked. I looked down and saw the size of his junk and looked away. I held the knife in my hand and tossed it around. It seemed pretty light, and it looked pretty cool.

"You found it. Go on, give it over." He held his hand out.

"Keith first." Jason said.

"All right, he's through the door." He said and he tossed us a key. I tossed him the knife and we made our way towards a locked door.

We went down the stairs, Jason first and then me. I heard Buck talking about how it felt like getting shivved with the knife. He then stated that it was like Shakespeare stabbing you with his quill. When we got down the last steps, I saw Keith for the first time. He was cowering on a bed huddled in the corner. I knew he must have been through some tough shit. I mean Buck? He's a crazy son of a bitch.

I watched as Jason comforted Keith and patted him on the back. This was a sort of happy reunion I guess. I turned around and walked up the steps to see what Buck was up to. When I got to the last step, I saw Buck whispering to Hector and they both had a knife in their hands. I got up and made my way towards them with my pistol in my hand.

"I knew it. You were going to kill us all along. You fucking assholes." I said.

"Now, Blake. Please put down the gun. We're not going to hurt you, unless you want to be hurt. Look, I'm grateful, that you found my knife, but I'd like to show my appreciation, you know, proper, like a real man should." Buck grabbed at his junk and I put my finger on the trigger.

"Don't make us hurt you Blake, I promise that if you surrender right now, we'll pleasure you all night long." Hector said.

"Go fuck yourselves." I said and shot. I missed and Hector tackled me to the floor. I tried pushing him off, but he was too strong. He took out his knife and he was about to stab my heart. I grabbed at his hands and I tried pushing them away from me.

"Well, you two have fun. I'm going downstairs to play with Keith and Jason." I heard Buck go down the stairs, but I had to focus. I was glad that I had a small jacket on from Hoyt's soldier uniform. The knife would stab me, but it wouldn't be able to go through the jacket.

"Just give up and I won't hurt you." Hector kept saying.

"Never." I hissed.

I heard yelling downstairs and I knew a fight was erupting. The knife was getting closer and closer to its goal and I had no way out. I had to die or die.

"Just fucking die already." Hector said and he pushed the knife through my jacket. It touched my skin and adrenaline instantly kicked in. I pushed Hector off with all my might and he fell backwards. I grabbed a chair and hit him with it. He blocked it, but I threw a bottle at his face. The bottle smashed and I saw blood leaking from his face.

"Now, you're fucking dead." He whispered and I gulped. I looked around for the nearest weapon and saw a small pipe on the floor. I dove straight for it and Hector came towards me. I grabbed the pipe and and turned around to hit him. I hit him in the arm and he staggered back. I hit him again, but in the stomach. He coughed up blood and fell. There was no going back, there will be no mercy. I took the pipe and I kept smashing it into his head. I kept hitting and hitting until his blood and brain was all over my clothes.

"That's enough!" I heard from behind me and Jason took the pipe away from me. I looked at Hector on the floor. He had no head when I was done with him. I rubbed my bloody hands on my pants and stared at Jason.

"What happened to Buck?" I asked him.

"He's dead. Knife to the heart." Jason said and tossed the knife in his hands.

"Nice, now what do we do?"

"We take Keith back to my friends and we go looking for Riley."

"Good plan...that was fucking crazy." I said exhaustedly.

"I know, you fucking bashed his brains in." Jason said.

"Guys, can we go now? I don't like it here." Keith asked.

"Alright, let's go." Jason said and we left. The car ride to Dr. Earnhardt's mansion was silent.