Chapter 37

Day 1

Today was the worst day ever. The fight is in 3 days and I feel like shit. I kept coughing and my nose is all runny and stuff. I stayed in bed and pulled the blanket over my head so nobody would bother me. I felt someone open my door and lightly sit on my bed. I pulled the blanket down a little so I could see who it was.

"Why aren't you downstairs? Are you ok?" Lyle asked me. I tried to say something, but I coughed. He lifted his hand and I pulled the blanket over my head and I curled up into a ball.

"Let me feel your forehead please." He said politely. I stopped moving and I waited for him to leave, but he didn't move. I felt Lyle lightly tug at the blanket and I pulled it towards me. I felt him pull a little harder and I pulled it even harder. I felt his hands move around the blanket and I felt his hands on my shoulder. He stopped and he slowly moved his hands down my shoulder, until he found his goal. He poked my sides and I started laughing like crazy. I'm very ticklish there and I tried to push him away, but I couldn't see him so he kept poking my sides and eventually I fell off the bed. I felt him pull the blankets off of me and he knelt down in front of me.

He lifted his hand and I took his arm and put it down. He lifted it again and I put it down again. He poked my sides again and I put my hand over my mouth to stop from laughing out loud. He kept poking my sides and he was on top of me tickling my and I laughed so much tears started falling down my face. He got off of me and he put his hand on my forehead. He made a frown, and I coughed.

"You feel a little warm, I think you might be sick." He said and I pouted.

"I feel like crap." I said and he rubbed my hair.

"I'll ask Marty if he can make some soup for you. You should stay in bed...ok?"

"Ok." I said and I coughed again. I got up and I picked up the blanket and I laid down.

"Were you reading about boats again?" He asked me and he picked up the book and started flipping through it. I instantly got up and I plucked the book right out of his hands and I held it to my stomach.

"What was that all about?" He asked me.

"I really like this book and I don't want you ruining it. It's an old book and you might rip it." I said.

"Alright, just tell Marty if you need anything, and please don't go outside, you're sick."

"I got it." I replied.

"Good, see you tonight." He said and he walked out of my room. I groaned and I put the diary back on my nightstand. I'm half way through the diary and I feel like I've been on a roller coaster of emotion. All the diary talks about is how shitty Harry's life is and how Lyle killed almost everyone he has ever known. I heard the door open and Jason walked in. He closed the door lightly and he sat on the edge of the bed.

"I heard that you're sick, so how did it happen?" He asked.

"I have no idea." I said.

"By the way, Sam told me that he contacted Hoyt and Hoyt says that he will do whatever you say, as long as Lyle is killed."

"I can work with that, but I can't go outside, I have to stay in the house."

"I can be the messenger, so if you have anything you want to ask Hoyt, I'll go to Sam and he'll tell Hoyt."

"That's a pretty good plan, but if Lyle catches you here, he'll surely kill you."

"I feel like we're in Romeo and Juliet, we're enemies, but we're actually friends...minus the romance. I'm Romeo and you're Juliet."

"Excuse you? I don't want to be Juliet...wait...actually, I'm fine being Juliet. Romeo kills himself first because he's a fucking pussy." I said proudly.

"What? Well...Juliet...shit I don't actually remember anything about that play." I laughed and Jason lightly punched my shoulder. The door opened and Marty walked through with a bowl of soup on a tray. Jason and I both went silent and Marty lifted an eyebrow at us.

"Don't be afraid, I'm just here to drop off some soup." He put the tray next to me and he left. I picked up the bowl and spoon and started eating. While I was eating Jason told me some fascinating stuff about the island and about himself.

"Have you met Citra yet? She's on Vaas's island on the border of it." I almost choked on my soup. I completely forgot about Citra.

"I've met her...and it didn't go well." I said quietly.

"Why? What happened?"

"She kind of flirted with me and it was really awkward."

"Really? I thought she had a thing for me. She would flirt with me, but then she will get down to business."

"So, I guess she likes both if us? Or she's just messing with our minds." I suggested.

"Most likely she is messing with our minds."

"Yeah." I said and I continued eating my soup.

"Do you like it here? On the island?" Jason asked me.

"Do I like it here? What kind of question is that? I hate it here, I'd rather jump in a pool of lava than be here." I said.

"I kind of like it here, you know? I mean, I feel so alive when I'm killing Vaas's pirates and I feel like for the first time, I can actually take control of life." I finished eating and I put the bowl back on the tray.

"He's actually right, I do kind of like it here, but I hate it here at the same time...this is too weird." I thought to myself.

"So, what are you going to do for the whole day?" I asked him.

"I don't know, I'm actually allowed to go off the island and search for my friend and brother. I think I'm getting closer to finding my brother."

"What is your brother's name?" I asked.

"Riley, he's smart kid, but a little bit wimpy."

"Wimpy? Now that's no-"

"Harry? Jason? Are you in here?" I heard Lyle yell from downstairs.

"Yeah! We're upstairs!" I yelled back. I heard heavy footsteps walk up the stairs and Lyle burst through my door and he was sweating.

"Change of plans, we are going to attack Hoyt tomorrow!" Lyle held up his hand for a high five to Jason and we just stared at him.

"What? What did I do wrong?" He asked us.

"Tomorrow? Are you nuts? We don't have the supplies to fight him!" I responded angrily.

"Don't worry, we actually have everything right now! It's only a matter of time before we kill Hoyt! Jason, I'm going to need you to help us get through the gate and Harry, I want you to stay here."

"Stay here? Why?" I asked.

"You're sick and I can't have you fight against my enemy who killed my last son."

"But Hoyt didn't-" I stopped myself and I bit my lip.

"Hoyt didn't what?" He asked.

"Nothing, I was going to say that it's not fair that I can't watch any of it." I said.

"It's ok, how about I bring back his head for ya?" I shook my head and he sighed.

"Well, I'm sorry that you can't go, but Marty will keep you company. Now, Jason, I want you to go and ready the troops. We march at dawn!" Lyle yelled.

"What in the heck are you talking about?" I asked.

"I thought it sounded cool."

"No, it didn't." Jason said.

"Whatever, just get your ass outside right now!" Lyle demanded. Jason and him left the room and I sighed a deep sigh. I had to find a way to get to Hoyt's island and kill Lyle at the same time. This was going to be harder than I thought.