Wake Me Up

People are selfish, whether they want to admit it or not

People are selfish, whether they want to admit it or not. They take things for granted and don't realize what they have until it's gone, disappearing into nothingness. They take their freedom, their life, their relationship, everything, because they're selfish even if they don't mean to be.

There's a difference between being selfish with yourself, taking your own freedom for granted, and taking someone else's freedom.

Louis didn't see the difference. He didn't realize he was selfish and taking someone's life from them. He didn't see it as taking something so precious, that should be valued and treasured and taken care of, away from someone.

Harry wanted to make the most of his life. He had aspirations and desires and wants and maybe he didn't have a bucket list, but that was because he didn't think he'd be kicking the bucket anytime soon.

Then again he probably didn't expect to be kidnapped, either.

Louis drove his car down the highway and he let out a content sigh as bright street lamps passed by the window. He watched as they all blurred due to the fast speed. In the backseat Harry laid limply with his head resting against the window, completely knocked out.

There was something about Harry looking so vulnerable, so soft. So delicate and sweet, that made Louis feel this flutter in his stomach. He didn't know if it was the ringlets framing his beautiful face, or his plump lips that involuntarily parted when he passed out, or the paleness of his porcelain skin. But Louis felt something. Lust. Want. Need.

What he was going to do with the boy was unknown. He didn't want to hurt him—not badly anyway—but something told him Harry wouldn't be that cooperative.

From what he'd learned about Harry he figured out he was sweet and kind and he cared a lot about others. However, he was defensive and could be snappy if he wanted to be.

Louis didn't like non-cooperative people.

He did like Harry though, a lot.

He liked Harry a little too much it seemed.

Louis didn't know what line he had to cross for his infatuation to become an obsession. What line he had to cross before it became too strong, too overwhelming. And who drew the line? Was it him? Or was it Harry?

If it was Harry, he's sure he already crossed it.

The drive to his house was a long one, as he lived far away from the city. The only reason he traveled that far every day was to see Harry, but now he didn't have a reason to. And when he crossed the large gates to his house opened, he felt a sense of relief fill his body.

He wouldn't have to worry about Harry's safety anymore. The gates were monitored 24/7 and only his and Zayn's cars were allowed in without authorization.