Monster In Me

A/N: I tried so hard to find a gif for this chapter to give you guys a visual but I couldn't find one. You'll see what I mean. Enjoy.xx

******

Zayn watched as the pair left in a hurry, ignoring the pain piercing through his heart. He hardly even had a chance to thank Harry for saving him and who knows when he would get to see him again.

"Fucking hell," Zayn muttered, looking down at his hand. He truly couldn't believe Louis hurt him like this. Sure, he said he would, but Zayn never actually believed he would do it. Louis threatened him so many times that it just didn't seem like he ever would.

But he did and now, Zayn's not going to be able to do the one he's good at.

Killing.

"Zayn!" Gemma gasped out, running over to give him a hug. Zayn smiled and hugged her back, cupping her face when she pulled away.

"Gem? What are you doing here? I told you that you didn't have to come."

"Did you actually think I wasn't going to come to see you?" She asked. "Are you okay?" Zayn nodded, pressing a kiss to her lips. But then he realized something.

"Gem, didn't you see him?" Confusion crossed her face, standing up straight.

"Who?" She asked, looking behind her to see if there was someone else in the room.

"Harry, he was just here!" He said before she even had a chance to turn around. Her heart dropped and she could feel her adrenaline start pumping as she ran out of the room without missing a beat.

"Excuse me!" She yelled, running out of the room. She bumped into people, pushing them out of her way. She didn't have any time to waste on being polite. Her eyes scanned the hallway not seeing him. "Harry!" She shouted, seeing if she saw anyone react. That's when she saw a man in a hat and sunglasses look up in the elevator.

And next to him was Louis. It had to be Harry.

She ran towards them as fast as she could, her heart dropping again when the elevator doors began to shut.

'Almost there!' She thought as she pushed herself to run even faster. But just as the doors were about to close, Harry found his voice.

"Break up with him," Harry called out, his voice sounding broken and she could see a tear falling down his cheek.

"Harry! No, please wait!" She screamed just a few more seconds. Harry just stared at her, not making any move to go to her. She saw Louis' hand tighten his grip on Harry and she understood why he couldn't run.

"Harry, wait—" she screamed, just as the door closed, just barely missing it. She banged her hand on the metal doors in anger, hopelessness taking over her.

"No, I'm not giving up," she said to herself as she raced towards the fire escape. She ran as quickly as she could down the stairs, not acknowledging the fact that she could easily hurt herself if she tripped.

She just had to get to Harry.

Gemma stormed out of the door, her eyes scanning the lobby to find them. She watched the elevator doors open and Louis and Harry rushed out, basically running out the door. She followed them quickly, running out the door to see the car door shut.

She could hardly breathe but she didn't stop running.

She watched as Harry placed his hand on the glass, his glasses now off, watching as Gemma ran towards him.