Idiot

I held my phone against my ear in disbelief.

you stood there, like an idiot!

that echoed around the walls of my head, bouncing endlessly not being able to be unheard.

idiot.

V called me that.. an idiot. Just a piece of crap. I turned away from the couple i was facing and hid under the blanket.

i began to cry.

hard.

to the point my shoulders were bouncing up and down and slight hiccups were escaping my throat.

I sniffed here and there but i pretty much got the blanket sheets and pillow all drenched in my tears.

it was getting late but i went to the jail V was arrested to so i could talk to him. You know, like the little booths you have and you call each other on the phone type of deal.

I walked up to one and sat down.

V suddenly popped out from the corner and sat across from me. I sigh and look down.

i grab the phone and i press it against my ear. I speak into it softly.

"i'm sorry."

"you let them take me away." i could hear the anger in his voice.

"i was just scared, okay? i didn't know what to do."

"you could have at least pushed the cop off of me, and i would've handled the rest."

"you don't understand, I-"

"oh but i do, really. I don't want to hear your excuse."

I put my hand on the glass separating us.

He places his hand over mine on the glass. "i miss you."

my heart fluttered. a wave of relief was caught over me causing me to sigh. "me too."

"i'll be out by next week though. okay?"

i nod.

"please don't be mad at me, though. please?"

he takes his hand off the glass. "i can't promise that."

"you're mad at me?" i cross my arms on the small little table.

he cocks his head not making eye contact with me. "in a word, yes."

he stood and walked away. I was left there, sitting thinking of why he was so pissed.

after all i knew he still liked me.

..or did he?