Hidden Secrets

Okay, so thatdreamerlanixo and I are collaborating on a BTR fanfic called Everytime You Lie and you can find it on her profile. Check it out? Comment? 

And now here's the newest chapter of I Won't Give Up! Hope you all enjoy :) xoxoxo, Brooke

_____________________________________________________________________________

Our teacher was named Miss Carson. She was a younger woman, about twenty nine years old, and even though it was only the first day of class, the guys were already sucking up to her for the sole reason that she happened to be hot. I guess it was hard not to flirt with a teacher that was a near exact replica of Carrie Underwood. Miss Carson had graduated from high school a year early and had a degree in secondary education.

Each age group had been separated into different classrooms. They had a kindergarten class, children ages 6 through 10 were in the elementary school classes, ages 11 through 13 were junior high school classes, and the rest of us (14 through 17) were high school classes. I was just glad that the classrooms actually looked like regular classrooms, just located inside a hospital.

“I see you finally did that dye job you wanted.” I whispered to Jade. She showed up to class today with her hair colored blue.

“Yup.” She whispered back, scribbling something in her notebook. I directed my attention back to the blackboard, where Miss Carson had written a math equation that I hardly understood at all.  Now that I was back in school, I remembered just how badly I sucked at anything with the word MATH in it.

Then I felt someone poke my shoulder, much to my annoyance. Growling softly, I looked back at Kendall, glaring at him. “What?”

“Nothing.”

Just as I turned around, he poked me again. I swear, I had almost had it up to here with that kid. I couldn’t do anything to him, though. I didn’t think his mom, sister, or friends would appreciate that. I could find other ways to retaliate against the jerk, though. Maybe I could force him to sit through a whole day of Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents reruns.

“I’m not in the mood.” I said coldly as I took notes from the lecture. I had another chemo session in two days and, as usual, I wasn’t looking forward to it. I had a long way to go before I would be ready to return to my old, cancer free life, but I couldn’t shake my negative feelings toward the chemo sessions I had to endure every two weeks. Thankfully, Mom planned on taking the day off so she could be there with me.

“Kendall.” Carlos said firmly. At least our blonde friend would listen to him. Carlos was the one who spent time keeping Kendall under control, since no one else could. 

“Okay, in all seriousness, I was gonna ask you to help me with something.” Kendall whispered, leaning forward. I raised my eyebrows, almost afraid to find out. “I want to ask Jo out.”

“Out? Kendall, you can’t leave the hospital.” Carlos muttered. He had a point there.

“I’ll take her on a date to the cafeteria! And then, once we’re both released from this hell hole, we’ll go on a real date.” 

I sighed, resisting the urge to laugh. Jo was one of the smartest girls here, so she was sitting in the front row. I swear, she had been answering more questions than any of us today. I had kept quiet for the whole class. Miss Carson encouraged us to participate in the lessons, but she was also aware of the more shy students.

“When’s Logan gonna start coming here?” Camille asked softly.

“Um...he’s gonna receive private tutoring in his room for a while, but he should be starting in regular classes in another month or so.” I answered. She always seemed curious about Logan and his wellbeing, and occasionally I would catch her approaching the door to his room, only to turn around and walk off. I’d been tempted to question her about this, but hadn’t gotten around to it.