Getaway

I am SO sorry I haven't updated! I got sick a couple weeks ago and then I was busy studying for some tests, and now I've been able to write! This chapter isn't too eventful, but it's about James and Jade leaving for a vacation/getaway! The next chapters will be pretty interesting ;)  Also, I'm going to be updating my Fanfiction.net story Thoughts of a Stranger. I won't be updating a lot in November because it's NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH! So, I'll be writing a novel in November :P

xoxoxo, Brooke

_________________________________________________________________________________

JADE’ POV

Four weeks have passed since our beautiful boys were born and they’re getting stronger every day, so much that James and I would actually be able to take them home next week. It would be a few more days, though, so we were going to be taking a short vacation, just for three days. Once we returned from Bloomington, we would prepare the house for Tristan and Avery to come home.

Now, if only I could find my favorite Spongebob tee shirt. I didn’t plan on leaving the house in my bra and jeans. I kept looking through the closet and found myself growing frustrated as I continued my search. James was still in bed, for whatever reason, but I’d decided to get up a little early and get dressed for our trip.

“Jay.” I whispered, sitting on the edge of the bed. He didn’t respond at first and so I had to nudge him, which did get him him finally awaken. I was going to ask about my shirt, but apparently James was thinking about something else. I saw a smile cross his lips and I rolled my eyes as he took in the sight of me in my bra and jeans.

“Hello, sexy lady.” He grinned, poking my bare stomach.

“Weirdo.” I giggled, kissing him softly. “I wanted to know if you’ve seen my Spongebob tee shirt.” 

“Your Spongebob shirt?” He sat up. “Yeah, it’s in the laundry room.”

“Thanks, babe.” I kissed his cheek before leaving the room and going downstairs to the laundry room. I finally saw my shirt laying neatly on a table and I wondered how I hadn’t thought to look here. Breathing a sigh of relief, I slipped the shirt on, feeling better now that my c-section scar was no longer visible. It was still healing and I never felt comfortable wearing anything that showed my stomach.

After I left the laundry room, I stopped in front of a full length mirror in the hallway. I went and got my hair dyed blue yesterday, because I’d been wanting a change. I’d had blonde hair for quite a few months. I loved the new look, but I wasn’t so confident about my body. Having a baby, even by c-section, had some effects. However, I knew I couldn’t return to my eating disorder habits. 

I finally walked back upstairs and into the bedroom, where I found James shirtless and looking through the closet. I smiled to myself and wrapped my arms around his waist, kissing his shoulder. I was truly grateful to have such a wonderful, supportive husband. I would be returning the favor in three weeks, when he would finally audition for Gustavo’s record label.

“I’m trying to pick out a shirt to wear.” He said, turning to face me.

“Hmmm...” I thought, looking at the shirts hanging. I gave him a short kiss and began searching, smiling as I found a Superman tee shirt. “I think you’d look fantastic in this. Because,” I kissed him again. “You’re my Superman.”

“Ooooh, I’m so honored.” He laughed, nuzzling my cheek. I couldn’t help giggling, my hands on his biceps. I was definitely a lucky girl. I had one amazing man and two amazing little men to bring joy to every single day. I honestly didn’t ever regret marrying young and I was the happiest I had been in a long time.