Slow Relapse

This chapter is focused a lot on Jade and problems she is encountering in pregnancy, but the next chapter is likely going to be very James centric :) So you don't worry too much, I will say that someone will step in and help :) Also, I'm going to a water park tomorrow! :D xoxoxo, Brooke

_____________________________________________________________________________

JADE'S POV

"How are you already showing at just eleven weeks?" Mrs. Diamond asked. I almost cringed when I looked down at my stomach, which did appear a bit curved. It was so hard to not diet during this, but I had been forcing myself to eat at least a little bit each day. Dr. Rivers said that the extra curves were likely due to bloating and that it would get better soon, but I wasn't going to feel better until the bloated feeling disappeared ASAP.

"I think it's just bloating." I said as I left the restroom and walked into James' room. Since I got married back in February and moved into the Diamond household, I hadn't spent much time looking at my husband's room, but I did get a little curious and found myself wanting to explore. I just didn't feel right looking at James' personal stuff.

"Anyway, you need to get to school." said, handing over my backpack and ushering me to the door. "Have a good day!"

"I will!" I said before getting behind the wheel of James' car. So far, life at Grand Marais High School hadn't been so bad. I got along with my teachers and I had a familiar face in all of my classes. I had Logan in Chemistry and Government, as well as Jo. She and I also had Spanish together. Lucy and Stephanie were both in my painting class. Carlos was in my Geometry, Study Hall, and Health classes. So yeah, being alone was something I didn't have to worry about.

"I'm safe, up high, nothing can touch me, but why do I feel this party's over? No pain, inside, you're my protection, but how do I feel this good sober?"

"I don't wanna be the girl who has to fill the silence..." I sang along to the radio, driving slowly down the street. There was only one thing I worried about. That blonde Jennifer girl who was now dating my ex. She was such a bitch and she was constantly making rude remarks and teasing me about everything from my hair to the clothes I wore. Today would just be another day of dealing with her. Because I was now married and having a baby, she was even more horrible to me.

When I finally parked in front of the school, I saw the devil herself standing nearby, much to my dread. Luckily, Logan was parked right behind me and waiting to walk to Chemistry with me.

"So, you ready to go? And I've already figured out how to deal with Jennifer." He said, approaching my window.

"You're serious? How?" I groaned as I picked up my bag, getting out of the vehicle. "If you're thinking violence, I'm pretty sure Jennifer could kick our asses." I was only being realistic. Jo said that she had seen Jennifer fight before and the girl had never lost.

"Okay, I lied. I have no plan at all."

I rolled my eyes and made sure to give Jennifer a dirty look as we walked up to the front doors. In my mind, I was more focused on James than chemistry. He seemed to be feeling better when I saw him yesterday. He was smiling and laughing and he seemed to be getting along with Gabriel pretty well. I would be seeing him again today so hopefully that hadn't changed. Plus, I had my first doctor's appointment today. I wouldn't want him to miss that.

"Hey, I'll see you in class, okay?" Logan said as we walked through a set of double doors.

"See you there." I waved before opening my locker. It was an absolute mess, really. I knew I needed to do some organizing, but really, organization was the last thing on my mind. Between homework and the baby, I was constantly distracted. I was in major need of a nice weekend vacation to the beach or a water park.