Taken Away

This chapter is quite an emotional one. Okay, SUPER emotional. No, nothing bad happens to anyone, although Jade is forced to confront her problem, whether she wants to or not. Anyway, hope you enjoy! xoxoxo, Brooke

__________________________________________________________________________________________

JAMES' POV

Jade was thirteen weeks along, finally into her second trimester. She was even starting to show a little bit, which was really cute. Problem? I was scared to death about her. She wasn't eating the way she should and I knew it. My concern grew a thousand times worse two days ago, when she went to the restroom immediately after eating dinner. I went to check on her and heard her throwing up. God, I couldn't believe she was doing this again.

Her arms were so thing and so was the rest of her body, with the exception of her slightly round stomach. I didn't like what was happening, but I had no idea what to do about it. How was I suppose to help an anorexic mother-to-be stop her dangerous habits and save our unborn child's life?

All I could do was contemplate this as I laid in bed, staring up at the ceiling. Jade needed help and I knew it. How was I suppose to make her stop, though? She got mad every time I asked her. Even her teachers were becoming concerned! Hell, it was only last week that she was apparently called to the counselor's office to be questioned, which added to my concern even more. I was growing more and more desperate each day.

"Hey, apparently some bad weather's coming, so they let us out of school early!"

Speaking of the obviously troubled.

I got up and walked past her. If she was going to harm herself, then I wasn't giving her the attention. Maybe she'd realize that she needed help before she ended up hurting our baby. I was not losing our baby over her ridiculous weight obsession. I mean, I wanted to support her and help her get better, but I knew she wouldn't ever let me. Not willingly.

"Um...Is it just me or is my husband giving me the silent treatment for no reason?" Jade followed me, and seconds later I felt her hand grabbing mine. "What's wrong?"

"You know what's wrong?" I turned towards her. "You are killing our baby. That is what's wrong."

I felt bad for snapping, but I wasn't giving in. Two human lives were at stake.

"Excuse me?" She scoffed. "Are we seriously gonna do this right now?"

"You know what is the absolute saddest thing, Jade? You can overcome this. You can stop this cycle, but you are choosing to spiral right back into it." I could feel tears burning at my eyes. "I mean, I didn't choose to get cancer. I didn't choose to go to chemo every month and have drugs pumped into me until I'm so tired that I can hardly move. But you? You chose to start starving yourself. You are choosing to deprive yourself of the nutrients that you and Tristan need to survive. By doing that, you are killing our-"

"STOP!" She suddenly screamed. "Just STOP! There is nothing wrong with me! You are just delusional and paranoid! I..." She took a breath. "Gosh, is that chemo messing with your head or something? Because you're acting crazy about this whole thing!"

Those very words felt like a slap to the face.

"You know, I married you because I love you. I love you so damn much and it kills me to know that you're doing this to yourself and our baby. I love that baby too, Jade. I want to hold our child in my arms and sing songs and read bedtime stories, but you know what? That's not gonna happen if our baby is dead!"

"God, why did I marry you anyway?!"

Wow, an even harder slap to the face.

I couldn't stand the sight of her right now. With one last glance at her tearful face, I turned around and went back to my room, slamming the door shut. I crawled back onto my bed, resisting the urge to cry. I had no idea what could be done to save Jade and little Tristan's lives and that absolutely terrified me.