Chapter 13

*Bailey's POV*

Kylo and I have been traveling through hyperspace heading to the Resistance Base for what seemed like hours. Thank goodness I wasn't feeling sick or anything while we were traveling through hyperspace. "How long do you think we'll reach the Resistance Base?" I asked. "I think we'll reach the Resistance Base approximately...in ten minutes." Kylo answered, in a robotic voice with his mask on. "Wow. That was quicker than I expected it to be." I said. Kylo chuckled, under his mask.

There was a long pause for a few seconds until I spoke, "How are you feeling about this, Kylo?" "I...I feel good about this." He answered, hesitantly. I could sense that he was nervous. "Are you sure, Kylo?" I asked. Kylo took a deep breath and answered, "Honestly, Bailey, I'm nervous about this." I placed my hand on his shoulder, comforting him. "Don't be nervous, Kylo. I'll be with you, supporting you." I said. "It's not just talking to my mother, Bailey, it's everyone of the Resistance. I don't know what they'll do or how they'll react when they see me." Kylo explained.

I thought for a moment until I had an idea. "Maybe you can change your appearance to make you less...fearful and threatening." I said. "I guess that could work. What should I do?" Kylo asked, while he turned his head towards me. "Well, for starters, remove that mask. You don't need to wear that anymore." I said. "You're right, Bailey." Kylo said and he removed his mask, revealing his handsome face, once again, and he set it on the floor by his chair. "Better. Also, leave your Lightsaber on the ship." I said, pointing at Kylo's Lightsaber. "But why?" Kylo asked. "Because you don't want people to see it and they'll know you're armed and they'll think that you'll harm them." I explained.

Kylo looked at his Lightsaber for a moment and, then, he took it off his utility belt. "You're right, Bailey. People know that I'm a threat when they see my Lightsaber." Kylo said, as he set his Lightsaber next to his mask. "I'd better put my Lightsaber away too." I said, as I took my Lightsaber off of my utility belt and set it on the floor under my chair. I also took the cape off of me. I looked over Kylo. Without his mask or his Lightsaber, he didn't look so fearful or threatening. "You look a lot better, Kylo." I said. "Thank you, Bailey." Kylo said, smiling.

There was a long pause for about a minute until Kylo spoke, "What's your mother like, Bailey?" I looked at Kylo. "Why?" I asked. "I was just curious, that's all." He said. "Oh, well, my mother, she's kind, caring, nice, supportive, and she's loving. She's also very helpful as well, even when she's taking care of patients since she's a nurse. She also dresses nicely, too." I said. "She sounds like a wonderful and genuine person." Kylo commented. "Thank you, Kylo. You'll love her once you get to know and meet her when we get back to Earth. Once we get married, she'll be your mother-in-law."

Then, a question popped into my head. "By the way, Kylo, I have a question about your mother." I said. "What is it?" Kylo asked. "Didn't you say that your mother was known as 'Princess Leia'?" "Yes, she was." Kylo answered. "But wouldn't that make you...you know, a prince?" I asked. Kylo chuckled a little bit until he said, "I guess you can say that, yet I don't feel like one. My mother was adopted after Padme died. Her mother was Queen of Naboo and her adoptive parents were rulers of Alderaan, so that's why she's known as 'Princess Leia'. Now she refers to herself as 'General Leia Organa'." "Well, you'll always look like a prince, to me, Kylo." I said, smiling. Kylo looked at me, smiling, and he held my hand. "And you'll always look like a princess, to me, Bailey." Kylo said and he placed a kiss on my hand. I blushed and I smiled even more. "Thank you, Kylo." I said.

We looked at each other for a few seconds until Kylo slightly turned his head towards the window and he looked surprised. "Bailey, look." Kylo said, as he gestured me to look towards the window. I turned my head and I noticed that we were no longer traveling through hyperspace. Instead, there was a planet in front of us. "We're here. This is the planet, D'Qar, where the Resistance Base is located." Kylo said. I couldn't believe my eyes. We made it. The planet, D'Qar, looked so beautiful, it almost reminded me of Earth. "Kylo, I can't believe we're here." I said, as I was admiring the planet. "We should be landing down on the Base very soon." Kylo said.

Suddenly, an alarm goes off in our ship with a red-light flashing. "What's happening?" I asked, loudly. "I don't know." Kylo said, loudly. Then, the alarm shuts off and, then, we heard someone speaking through the radio. "Small unauthorized fleet ship, you're not authorized to land on the Resistance Base. We'll send X-wings to escort you down for landing and for you to surrender." "I've got a bad feeling about this." Kylo said.

Sooner or later, there were two X-wings, as the person over the radio said, coming towards our ship. One was on the left side of our ship while the other was on the right side. Suddenly, the ship's engine sounded like it was no longer functioning and the lights on the control panel and all over the inside of our ship were shut down. "What's going on?" I asked. "They're using their tractor beams to escort us down for landing." Kylo said. Then, our ship started going down. As we past through the clouds, all I could see were people crowding and walking around, different kinds of spacecraft that I've never seen before in my life, and door entrances that looked like they go underground somewhere. "This is the Resistance Base." Kylo said, looking out the window. Then, we landed on rock bottom. I could hear distant murmuring from outside.

All of a sudden, there was a banging noise coming from the door. "This is the Resistance. Show yourselves." A man from outside said. Kylo and I unbuckled our seat-belts and we stood up. We walked towards the door and we stood in front of it. I looked at Kylo, who looked worried and nervous. "You ready?" I asked. Kylo looked at me and answered, quietly, "Yes." He, then, held my hand just as the door of our ship opened.