Chapter 26

*Bailey's POV* 

After Leia and the others got back from the cafeteria, Ben and I told everyone about my idea. At first, they were confused, but, then, they liked my idea. But Leia hesitated about being the new leader. "But why choose me to be the leader of the Alliance?" She asked. "Well, because you're very good at keeping things organized. Plus, you really know how to handle things and take care of others, Leia." I explained. Leia, then, smiled at me. "Thank you, Bailey. That was very sweet of you to say that." She said. "You're welcome." I said.

"So, will you do it, mother?" Ben asked. Leia thought for a moment until she spoke, "Yes. I'll do it. I'll be the new leader of the Alliance." Ben and I smiled at each other, then, we turned back to Leia. "Awesome. We really appreciate you for doing this, Leia." I said. "It's my pleasure and I'm really glad that you came up with this, Bailey. We can inform the Resistance and the First Order about your idea as soon as you're better." Leia said. "Now you're talking like a leader, mother." Ben said. We all laughed. Well, some growled and beeped, happily.

Then, the doctor came in to check on me. "Well, Miss Bailey, I see that you're making good progress. Is the pain medication working well?" He asked. "Yes, it is." I answered. "I'm glad to hear that because since you're feeling a lot better than we'd expected, you can leave the infirmary tomorrow." The doctor said, smiling. Everyone exclaimed, excitingly, to hear the news. Even I was excited to hear that. "Thank you so much for telling me this, doctor." I said. "You're welcome, Miss Bailey. For now, try to get some rest." He said. "Okay, doctor."

Just before the doctor left, Ben called out to the doctor. "Say, doctor, why don't you send some workers down here to show our guests to their rooms?" He asked. "I'd be happy to do that, Master Ren." The doctor said. "Please, call me 'Ben Solo', doctor." Ben said, nicely. The doctor chuckled and said, "Okay, then." The doctor, then, left.

"Well, we'll let you two rest and we'll see you both tomorrow." Leia said. "Okay." Ben and I said at the same time. Leia, Rey, Finn, and Poe hugged me goodbye while I said goodbye to Chewie, C3PO, R2-D2, and BB-8. Then, everyone left, leaving just me and Ben in the room. "You should go to sleep. You've had a long day." Ben said. "Same with you, Ben." I said, as I cuddled next to him. "You're right." Ben said, as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and he laid his head on mine. "Goodnight, Ben." I said, closing my eyes. "Goodnight, Bailey." Ben said, as he kissed me on the top of my head. We both fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, the doctor unhooked the heart monitor off of me and he took the IV out of my hand and I was ready to be discharged from the infirmary since I was making good progress. I wore a short dark gray robe and slippers since I had nothing to wear because the clothes that I wore before were ruined, except my black boots.

I was sitting on the infirmary bed waiting for Ben to pick me up. It was strange that I woke up and Ben was gone and I didn't know how long he's been gone. Maybe something came up. Moments later, Ben came into my room with the biggest smile on his face. I was wondering what he was so happy about. Maybe it was because I was leaving the infirmary. "Are you ready to go?" He asked. "You bet'cha." I answered. Then, I grabbed my Lightsaber and my boots and we left the infirmary.

We walked down the hallways for awhile until we reached my room. "I'm gonna change my outfit. Will you wait for me?" Ben asked. "Sure." I said. "Okay." Ben, then, went to his room to change his outfit as I walked inside my room. I went to the bathroom and I took a quick shower. When I was done, I went to my dresser and I grabbed a maroon colored V-neck shirt and two dark gray arm wraps. Then, I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans from the closet and I went into the bathroom to change. After I changed, I brushed my hair and teeth. I walked out of the bathroom and I put on my black boots and my utility belt with my Lightsaber on it.

Moments later, someone knocked on my door. I walked to my door and opened it and saw Ben standing outside. This time he wasn't wearing his usual uniform. No black tunic shirt or black gloves. Instead, he was wearing a white V-neck, long sleeve shirt tucked into his black pants with his black combat boots. He also had his utility belt with his Lightsaber on around his waist. It made me wonder if that's what Ben Solo looked like before he became Kylo Ren.

"Ben, you look nice and your outfit looks great." I said. "Thank you, Bailey. I wanted to wear something different. This was part of my Jedi attire. It's my Jedi undershirt. I kept it hidden away." He said. "Well, it looks nice." I said. "Thank you. Anyway, we should get my mother and the others and meet in the Main Hanger Deck to announce your idea." Ben said. "Right. Let's do it." I said, as I walked out of my room and followed Ben.

After Ben and I got Leia and the others, we all met up at the Main Hanger Deck, where Ben, Leia, and I stood on a tall platform stage above the Main Hanger Deck. There was a crowd of people everywhere in the Main Hanger Deck; Stormtroopers and workers of the Resistance and the First Order. Rey and the others stood in front of the crowd. Ben stood about two feet towards the edge of the platform stage while Leia and I stood behind him as he began to speak.

"Everyone, thank you all for gathering here in the Main Hanger Deck. I have an important announcement to make to you all. As you all know, Supreme Leader Snoke had perished in the Supremacy explosion, along with General Hux and Captain Phasma. Since the high rank superiors are gone, I have become the new Supreme Leader. But I'm here to announce that I will not be carrying on as the new Supreme Leader nor will I be known as 'Kylo Ren' anymore. I will now be called by the name that has been given to me since birth, 'Ben Solo', and I have a proposition that I would like to make to both of the Resistance and the First Order."

Ben took a deep breath before he continued, "We will combine the Resistance and the First Order together and will no longer be enemies towards each other. As of now, at this very moment, the Resistance and the First Order will become known as 'The Alliance'. The new leader of the Alliance will be General Leia Organa, my mother." Ben, then, turned and gestured Leia to step forward. She did and she stood next to Ben on his right side and she waved her hand up in air. "Together we are strong and we are one. We are the Alliance." Leia announced.

Then, Ben and Leia turned to me and Ben gestured me to step forward. I did and I stood next to Ben on his left side. "Everyone, let's give thanks to the one who thought up this idea. A brave, courageous hero and the love of my life, Bailey." Ben said, as I was blushing. Then, everyone clapped and cheered. I smiled and I waved to everyone. Ben wrapped an arm around my shoulder and he wrapped his other arm around Leia's shoulder and he smiled at us.

Moments later, we walked off the platform stage and we met up with the others and everybody else. They congratulated us and they thanked me for coming up with the idea. I even noticed some Stormtroopers taking off their helmets and their armor and they threw them on the ground, in a good way. Plus, they were smiling. I also noticed people that were part of the Resistance chatting with those who were part of the First Order without any problems. I was really glad that everyone was getting along great. No more being enemies.

While Leia was talking to Rey and the others, I wrapped my arm around Ben's waist and he wrapped his arm around my waist as we watched everyone chatting to each other. "Well, Bailey, looks like things are looking good with the Alliance already. Everybody is getting along with each other. I'm really glad that your idea worked out great." Ben said. "I know. Me too. How much more of this can get any better, Ben?" I said.

Suddenly, a small fleet ship was, slowly, entering the Main Hanger Deck. People were spreading out to make room for the small ship to land. "Well, I believe that things got more better." Ben said, looking at me, smiling. I looked at him, confused. As soon as the small ship landed, Ben and the others and I walked towards it. "What's going on here?" I asked. "You'll see." Ben said. Then, the door opened and three people stepped out. "Watch your step." One of the three people said. Then, a group of people stepped out of the small ship. I gasped in surprise and tears of happiness immediately fell down my cheeks. I recognized that group of people anywhere. It was my family.