Prologue

*Bailey's POV*

It was around ten o'clock on a Friday night. My oldest sister, Alexis, and I were watching a romantic comedy movie after we put my two toddler nieces down for bed. Every kiss scene that we watched so far, I had a jealous look on my face despite the fact that I never had my first kiss or a boyfriend in my life. "I see your face, Bailey. I get it. Someday, you'll find that right man." Alexis said, as she elbowed my arm. "Yeah, or I'll just end up being single for the rest of my life." I chuckled, while I rubbed arm. Alexis looked at her watch. "Well, I gotta go to bed. Since you're spending the night, would you do me a favor and let Zeppelin outside before you go to bed?" Alexis asked, as she got up from the couch. "Sure." I said, and Alexis said 'goodnight' to me and she went to her bedroom.

I looked at my watch and it was 11:03 pm and I was starting to feel tired. I called for Zeppelin, who's a dachshund, to go outside. After I let Zeppelin outside, I put on my headphones and listened to my music. Five minutes later, I went to the back sliding door to let Zeppelin in, but he wasn't standing at the door. It was unusual because he usually comes back to the back door when he's done. I grabbed a nearby flashlight and I walked outside to find Zeppelin. I shined the flashlight all over the backyard until I saw a chewed up hole in the fence. I thought it was fixed. "Oh, no. Zeppelin, please don't tell me you're in the forest." I said to myself. Alexis and her family live next to a forest area and I was worried because who knows what kind of creatures lurk in that forest area. I ran back inside the house, grabbed my jacket, hopefully I did not wake up anyone around the house, and I went back outside, with my flashlight. I opened the back gate door and I started looking for Zeppelin.

I walked around the forest area for five minutes looking for Zeppelin, but there was no sign of him. Even when I called his name, I didn't hear a sound. As I walked further down in the forest area, I, suddenly heard rustling sounds, but it wasn't Zeppelin. So I, quietly, walked even further down in the forest to investigate. As I got closer to the rustling sounds, I turned off my flashlight, hid behind a large oak tree, and I peaked my head around the corner.

All I could see were two figures in white armor and white helmets, carrying white guns, walking around, looking for something. They're men, but I've never seen outfits like that before. They looked creepy.

I, slowly, started backing away from the oak tree, keeping an eye on the two armor men so they won't see me, and I tried to keep quiet. As I was further away from the oak tree and the two armor men, I heard a twig snap. Oh, no. My eyes were wide and I felt my blood turn cold. The two armor men looked up towards my direction and saw me and they pointed their guns towards me. "Halt!" One of them said, in a robotic voice. My heart was beating very fast as I put both of my hands up with the flashlight in my left hand. As they started walking towards me, with their guns still pointing at me, I started backing up, slowly, until I finally had the nerve to run away from them.

As I kept running, I looked behind and I saw the two armor men running after me. I heard a blast from behind and I saw a tree get blasted by some kind of fireball. They're trying to shoot me! I kept running in different directions and as fast as my legs could carry me as they were still chasing me. I felt lost. I dropped my flashlight while I was running, so I didn't know where I was going.

I was now running through an open field area. I turned my head around to see if those two armor men were still behind me until I bumped into something hard and I ended up falling on the ground on my back. I had my eyes closed as I was getting up, slowly, while rubbing my head. I opened my eyes and I yelped as I was standing in front of a man in black, wearing a black robe and a black hood over his head. I couldn't see his face because it was covered with a black and silver metal mask. He looked even more creepier than those two armor men.

He took a device-like object off his belt and it, suddenly, turned into some kind of red-glowing sword and he pointed it directly towards me. I turned my head around and saw the two white armor men standing about five feet away from me, still pointing their white guns at me. Even though I was surrounded, I had the idea of making a run for it, but the man in black held his other hand out towards me, making me stand still, with both of my arms hanging straight down. I felt paralyzed. I couldn't move anywhere expect my eyes and mouth. I was breathing heavily.

"Who are you?" The man in black asked, in a deep robotic voice with his mask on. I didn't answer. I was trembling. "Sir, we found this Earthling scum in the forest." One of the armor men said. The man in black deactivated his red-glowing sword and he put it on his belt. "Check around the forest, make sure there's no one around. If there is, kill them." The man in black said. "Yes, sir." One of the white armor men said and I heard both of them walk off, leaving just me and the man in black alone.

He walked towards me and started circling around me, looking all over me, head to toe, until he stopped directly in front of me. "I wonder...if it's within you." He said, as he held his black gloved hand out towards me. What did he mean 'if it's within me'? I, suddenly, felt this very strong energy in my head, it was as if he was using telepathy powers to read my mind. It felt so tight around my head. After a minute, he spoke, "I can feel it. Intriguing. Perhaps you can be useful." That was the last thing I heard before he waved his hand across my face and I blacked out.

(A/N: There's been a slight change in a character's name in Prologue)