Chapter-1

Ten years ago

Myra
Sitting on the lap of my lover of two years, I watched as the sun slowly sunk down, creating orange and pink hues.

He might be four years older than me, but instead of treating me like a child, he treated me like an equal. When I blabbered about school or anything in random, he, unlike most people, listened to me with a smile on his face.
        I loved him, but there were times when he scared me. Though I was sixteen years old, I wasn't an idiot. I came to realise that there are things that set him off like me talking to other guys. He once beat up a guy just because he touched my hand. That day, I saw a new side of him that terrified me. Albeit he apologized afterwards, I never spoke to any other guy until and unless it was absolutely necessary. And even after that, I had to tell him.

Deep down that I knew that it wasn't right; that his controlling nature might become our downfall... my downfall, but I was ready to comply with this little complication if it meant that he would stay with me. Besides, he supported me in almost everything. And if he didn't want me talking to another boys then so be it. To be honest, I didn't like most of the boys in my school. They were all too loud and obnoxious.

This was our favourite spot. We always came here and sat like this. Me sitting on his lap and his arms around my waist. I just loved it and wished that we could stay like this forever, but unfortunately, all wishes can not be fulfilled.

"Shady..." I called him.

"Yes, Rose." He replied.

"I have to leave tomorrow." I whispered sadly.

His arms tightened around my waist. When I looked up, his face was expressionless and he was looking ahead. These were the times which scared me a little even though I knew that he would never hurt me.

"Don't." He said in a hard voice

"Don't what?" I asked confused as to what he was talking about.

"Don't talk about going away you know how much I hate that."

"I am sorry I didn't mean to upset you. Please don't be mad at me." I said. I hated making him upset.

He looked down at me and his eyes softened but he didn't loosen his grip. "I am not mad at you Rose, I am mad at these situations which are taking you away from me. I can never be mad at you." He whispered as he nuzzled his head in my neck.

"I wish we could stay like this forever." I said solemnly.

"Myra you don't know how much I want to whisk you away from the harshness of this world; from everything and everyone, and keep you with me but I can't do that because right now you need your parents the most."

"But I need you too, can't you come with us?" I asked in a hopeful voice. It was true I needed him. I was completely dependent on him. It wasn't healthy but there has never been a day when I hadn't seen him, talked to him. I didn't know when he became so important to me but I knew that I needed him more than anything else.
      I always thought that we would be together and now that I have to go, it seems surreal. I don't want to go. I don't want to leave him but he is right I also need my parents.

"You know I can't Myra. l have work to do." he sighed and looked at me. He was only twenty two but he had established a big company which earned in millions every day. I knew he was busy and that he especially makes time for me in his busy schedule. But there was a selfish part in me which didn't want to let go off him.

"Please." I looked at him pleadingly. He would usually give in when I pleaded him for something but his hard stare told me that this time he wouldn't cave in. Sighing I relented and placed my head on his chest. I could hear the steady pace of his heart which calmed me.

"Promise me that you will never forget about me and we will always remain in contact."

"I promise Rose." His hands tightened around me. "I could never forget you even if I wanted to." He replied, kissing my head and holding me tighter. A smile lit up my face and I sighed in content.

After sometime, he looked at his watch and told me that it was time to leave. I didn't want to go but I knew that I had to otherwise my parents will be worried about my whereabouts even after knowing where I am. I sighed, got off his lap and held his hand.

Once we were at my house we looked at each other knowing that this might be the last time we would see each other. Shady knocked at the door and soon my mother opened the door. She greeted us with a smile.

"Hello Melanie." Shady greeted my mother.

"Hello Derek" My mother greeted him with a smile. She loved him and thought of him as her own son. At times she also scolded him which was extremely funny considering he was usually the one shouting and scolding people. He is the one who is always in control. But my mother is also a work of force so, seeing him out of control when mother was reprimanding him was really entertaining.

"Why don't you come in?" She asked him.

When he denied I gave him my best puppy dog face and asked him to stay for a while. Still he denied saying that he had work to do. We said goodnight to each other and with one last glance he left. I already missed him, I don't know how I will spend the rest of my life without him in it.
______________________________________