Chapter- 28

Derek
It is Thursday, meaning three days until Adrian comes back from his visit to California and the day when I will finally have my Rose Red in my grasp. After that incident at the party, we increased the security of Myra.

Post discussing with Adrian, the day before he was about to leave, we concluded that we needed the information about her whereabouts in every five minutes. I look at my wristwatch and saw it reading six thirty, in the evening. By now Myra should be in the playroom, kneeling down in the position I taught her; waiting for her master and her owner to come and do as he pleases.

After my confession that night, I thought things would change between us for the worse because she runs away from everything that seems to bring change in her smooth and settled life. Even during her childhood, she had the problem with befriending new people, and now letting new emotions penetrate her heart is the problem. Deep down I know she loves me the same way I love her but  unlike me she will not accept them because she is afraid, but of what exactly? That I don't have the answer to, but I am determined to find out.

In underworld, I am known to be cruel and ruthless, who doesn't care about any other person's feelings and who will never be capable of love. I am not denying of the above things because they are all true....except the last phrase as it needs to be reframed. I am not capable of loving anyone else except her. We are not capable of loving anyone else except her for she is the one for us.
        My heart only beats for her. It may sound cliche but it is the truth- my heart beats for her; my soul bows down in front of her; my body weeps for her and my mind is owned by her. Ever since the day I saw her, I was swept off my feet and that day I knew that I was hers in every sense of word, the same way I would make her mine.

That day I told Adrian about her but he was head over heels for that pathetic excuse of a woman. I loathed that woman and didn't make any efforts in hiding it which is why she never liked me. She tried million times to put a crack in our bond... in our friendship and once she almost succeeded. Many times I even warned Adrian about her. I told him that she was a bad news and will bring sorrow in our lives; but he was in 'love' with her which made him turn a deaf ear to anything and everything I said. After a point I didn't try anymore. He was mature enough to know what is good for him and what is not good for him and he wanted be with her. If he wanted to destroy his life and not listen to me then I won't make myself look like an idiot by speaking in front of a wall. The only good thing she did was give birth to my nephew, who she wanted to take away as well.

What he didn't realize was that we had agreed to share our woman and if I didn't want that two timing bitch, there was a reason behind. But love makes you do crazy things. It can change you for both better and worse; for Adrian it was for worse.
       I laid my head back on the headrest of the chair and sighed deeply as I pushed myself up to continue the pending work. I called Serena from the intercom of my office which she answered right away.

"Good afternoon Mr. Zaire." She greeted me.

"Serena I need you in my office to arrange some papers." I say.

"Of course Mr. Zaire." I hung up the phone and started working on my laptop. I hear a knock on my door and ask the person to come in. Clinking of heels made me look up; Serena was standing in front of my desk.

"Serena these are some papers and folders that I want you to arrange in my shelf." I say as I gesture at the papers on my desk. "You can leave if you want after that." I add as an afterthought. She nods and picks them up then starts arranging. After arranging the papers, she bids me goodbye and leaves. I too get ready to leave where my little angel is waiting for me.
——————————————————
After having the shower, I change in just a faded blue jeans. I then go in the playroom where I can relive my sadistic dreams with my masochist Rose Red.
         I open the door to see Myra keeling in the standard position I taught her. I walk over to her and pet her hair lovingly.
"How was your day my pet?" I ask her looking down at her.