Chapter-10

Myra
Sometimes you feel like something is going to happen which might change your life, today was one of those days....I felt like today something will happen that will be a turning point in my life. I don't know why but I just couldn't shake this feeling.

I parked my car, got out and went I inside office building. On my way to the office my coworkers greeted which I returned politely. I went inside my office and switched on my computer. I was typing my computer when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." I shouted. I looked up to see that it was Lexie.

"Umm... Myra, Mr. Phoenix has asked for you in his office at 12:00p.m., he says that it's something urgent." She informed me.

"Sure Lexie no problem. Is there something else I need to know?" I raised an eyebrow when I looked at her expression which said that she needed to tell me something that she isn't.

"Well, I just wanted to ask you that is it okay if I take a break for two days." She asked hesitantly.

"Sure, Lex you deserve a break but will you tell you me the reason of your sudden break." I inquired her because she never takes holidays even if I ask her to.

"Actually next week is my parent's 25th anniversary and I just wanted to surprise them. Don't worry, I'll be back within three days."

"It's absolutely fine Lexie, just save my schedule of those days on my computer. Alright?" I said smiling at her.

"Will do, and thanks again." She said happily, closed the door and walked back.

I went back to work as I still had three hours before my meeting with Mr. Phoenix. Soon I heard tinge of the phone signaling that I have a message. I ignored it thinking it was from Hera or Lily, checking up again on me because seriously since the incident that happened two days ago they have become like my mothers, always either messaging me or calling me after every twenty minutes. At first it was kinda reassuring that someone is out there who cares for me but now it is getting irritating. I heard another tinge of the message. I picked up my phone to reprimand them, but when I picked up my phone saw that the message was from an unknown number. With a frown I opened the message.

Unknown- Hey baby girl, hope your headache is fine now.

Unknown- Ignoring now, are we? Don't worry we'll meet soon. ;-)

What the hell?!

My hands started shaking as I read the last message. What does he mean by that? Ignoring the creeping fear, I decided to not reply to the message and continued doing the work. All the while I couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to happen and it was related to this message.

How and when were the only thoughts that were running through my head.

Soon it was 12:00 and I found myself in the elevator that will lead me to the top floor where my boss's office is. On my way I met Rhea who is Mr. Phoenix's secretary. She smiles at me and I smile back in acknowledgement. I tap on Mr. Phoenix's door and wait for his permission to come in.

"Come in." A low voice invites me in. I open the door and come in.

"Good morning Mr. Phoenix." I greet him as I close the door behind me.

"Ah! Myra. Good morning to you too." He greeted me with his ever present smile, which lasts until you don't piss him off, because he might look like a cute teddy bear at first meeting but is an absolute devil if you piss him off or don't do something he asks you to do. He gestures me to sit on the chair that's on the other side of the desk.