Chapter 7

Mikado was finally back home after days of dealing with family affairs. He looked tired but satisfied nonetheless, which was good news. Even Misono didn't know what those affairs consisted of, eventhough he had always lived here under the same roof as his father. He didn't ask, thinking it might not be any of his business, and that their dad would tell them if it was important. Mikuni wasn't bothered, he knew rich families often had to deal with those kind of things. He just hoped it wouldn't become inconvenient for him or Misono.

This reminded him he had to go to the antique store with Jeje. He put on his usual clothes after breakfast, not forgetting to take Abel with him, and announced he was going to 'work' for a few hours. Jeje who couldn't handle daylight well had to turn into a snake and positionned himself on his shoulders. None of them noticed the cold glare Mikado gave the servamp before they left.

They walked in peaceful silence to the trainstation, as the shop was quite far away from the mansion. It was really sunny outside, which put Mikuni in a good mood. He started humming a song, and although Jeje couldn't recognize it, he loved the way his eve made it sound. However, he started to feel anxious when they got in the train. What if Johannes had no answer to his questions? Or what if he did, but it wasn't what he expected? And even if it was, maybe Mikuni wouldn't want to become like him. Maybe he wouldn't agree to lose his humanity. After all, Doubt Doubt himself thought of vampires as monsters, and said they should kill the creator centuries ago. But he didn't want to lose Mikuni, either. 

Said blonde got up all of a sudden, and Jeje took note that they had reached their destination. They travelled by foot for a few more minutes before they could catch sight of the shop. Mikuni opened the door and immediatly got assaulted by a very energetic Johannes.

-"Mikumiku! I didn't think you would come here so soon! I took great care of your dolls, see!" He said pushing a dismembered doll against the cow-boy's chest.

"What do you mean you took care of them?! This one doesn't have arms anymore!" He angrily exclaimed.

Jeje sighed, the doctor was as annoying as ever. It was going to be long.

-"Well, whatever. I'm here today because Jeje wanted to ask you something. I have no idea why he would waste his time with a weirdo like you, though." 

Johannes blinked and stared at the snake, then grinned like a child who's seen something funny and interesting. 

-"Ah, is that so? Well that's surprising! I take it it's about you servamps? Come on to my lab!"

Jeje nodded and took his human form so he could talk properly to the crazy man. He looked at Mikuni who smiled and said he would occupy himself by rearranging the shelves. He then followed the doctor to his 'lab' in order to sort things out.

-"So, tell me, what did you want to know?!" Johannes seemed excited to have a talk with the vampire. A little too much even.

-"I... was wondering if it would be possible to turn an eve into a subclass. " Jeje admitted, and he was trying hard not to shake. He was actually terrified the answer would be no. Maybe he shouldn't have asked, after all. Johannes turned serious in a second, and Jeje felt more dread spread inside him.

-"Are you thinking about turning Mikuni into a vampire?" Johannes finally asked. Jeje could only nod, still waiting for an answer. 

-"Well you're lucky because that's exactly what I've been studying lately!" The other man exclaimed, his usual cheerfulness back.

-"So..." Jeje started, but stopped when the scientist nodded enthusiastically.

-"Yep, it's possible."