Chapter 32

Jeje, as requested by his eve, hadn't moved an inch that night. He had been lying next to him, ruffling his hair from time to time, and while the blonde slept for hours he didn't get bored in the slightest. Having nothing to do aside from staying by his side, Jeje indeed had the luxury to sort his thoughts out. He had to decide what to do for Mikuni's birthday. And his own, he had to remind himself. For once he was actually looking forward to it, because it finally had a meaning. Soon enough Mikuni would become his subclass, and nothing could do them apart anymore. Not even death. Jeje shivered with excitement at the thought,  happiness he never dared to wish for filling his heart. As he affectuously ran his hand through golden hair, though, the vampire was reminded of their last discussion, and he knew they would have things to talk about.

Mikuni stirred, definitely bringing his servamp back to reality. For the time being, he was still appreciating the warm embrace, enjoying the sensation of Jeje's tone muscles through the fabric of his clothes and mumbling incomprehensible words as the latter patted his head. If he had to speculate, he would say Mikuni was probably complimenting his physics again. Those hugs they shared were becoming an habit, one Jeje surprised himself loving to the point he couldn't go without it anymore.

Eventually Mikuni opened his eyes, recollection of last night's events slowly making its way in his brain. His gaze landed on Jeje, who simply waited for a reaction. He didn't except to be assaulted by clumsy lips that crashed against his with passion.

-" Jeje, Jeje..." Mikuni called between kisses.

His servamp didn't have the time to answer, and he froze when he felt his tongue in his mouth. It was messy, and too sloppy coming from Mikuni, making him think it wasn't just him showing his affection. There was an hint of guilt in those brown eyes, and while Jeje knew he'd be very different from yesterday, it was too much to process.

-" I love you, Jeje..." Mikuni repeated like a mantra, the pauses barely long enough for him to breathe.

When he stopped for good, cheeks flushed and panting heavily, Jeje had to avert his eyes not to get turned on by the sight. The talk first.

-" Why... all of a sudden?" He asked.

"I wanted to do this as soon as you came back, but scolding you seemed more appropriate at the moment." The eve replied, trying to sound confident. Sometimes he was startled by his own mood switches, but apparently Jeje didn't mind as he merely resumed their hugging session. At some point he suggested making breakfast, which Mikuni gladly agreed on.

The two of them shared some pastries while listening to jazz music the blonde had discovered not too long ago, and it was so nice none of them wanted to disturb the peace by piping a word. At some point though, Mikuni decided he was awake enough and started the discussion.

-" So, Jeje. I said we had things to talk about, didn't I?" 

A nod from the servamp prompted him to go on.

-" I think we should throw a party for our birthdays. I know you're not fond of these, but lately we've gotten closer to the other eves, so it wouldn't be correct not to invite them. Also, you should spend more time with your brothers now that everything's settled. We could even invite Tsubaki and cie, that would be fun." 

Once again Jeje had to wonder what Mikuni thought was fun, but he couldn't deny his relationships with his brothers were better lately and it'd be a shame to ruin it again.

-" Well... I don't particularly like it, indeed... but they did a lot for us, so... as long as I'm not obligated to do embarassing stuff, a party should be fine. But in that case, we have to invite Tsurugi and the others, too.