Chapter 12

Jeje was flustered. He had kissed Mikuni because he wanted to, because he loved his eve and knew that him too, needed affection in that moment. What he didn't want, however, was to let himself get carried away. He had felt that before, too. He had felt the urge to go even further, to let his body speak for him and show Mikuni how much he loved him. The problem was that he actually had no idea where that would lead them, though he could easily take a guess. So there he was curling on the couch, trying not to think about it in fear to go too far. Yes, Doubt Doubt the servamp of envy was actually scared of himself. He knew he wasn't strong enough to resist his pulsions, and the worst was that Mikuni probably wouldn't even mind. Jeje had felt extremly happy when the blonde had told him he wasn't a monster, but that also meant he wasn't wary of this side of him. The last thing Jeje wanted was doing something that could hurt him, even if it wasn't intentional. 

Mikuni had went back to organize things with Misono so Jeje had enough time to calm himself down. There was just no way he would tell anyone about his 'little problem' so the only thing he could do was keeping his distances for a while. He knew Lily wouldn't mind giving him some advice but it was way too embarassing and he wasn't ready for this. The thought that he could accidentally hurt Mikuni kept running in his mind and terrified him. When they made their contract seven years ago he never thought he would grow so attached to him. For a vampire like him, humans were harmless creatures who would quiver in fear if they saw how powerful he his. And yet it was different with Mikuni. It had always been different. Jeje was far stronger but it had always been his eve who had exerced control over him. 

He sighed, he should go help the boys. He walked out of the room and ran into Lily who was apparently searching for him. Know he just hoped his brother wouldn't ask weird questions.

-"Oh Jeje, I was looking for you. Mikuni started to worry since you weren't coming but I told him you should be fine. They are almost done sending the mail to the others but you know how they are, of course they asked questions. Misono just said he would explain everything tomorrow since this whole story is complicated and we need to think about a plan."

Jeje simply hummed, it was already good if everyone could make it to the meeting. All they really needed was a place to escape to in case Mikado didn't come back on his word. Because there was no way Jeje would let his eve marry this woman, and they all knew how it would end up if they couldn't find an arrangement. He quietly followed Lily in the corridor but the younger vampire felt something was troubling him. 

-" I know you're usually very quiet, and I can understand that you worry for Mikuni but he decided to rely on us this time. There won't be another tragedy, so you should try to keep things in perspective and not think about the worst that could happen. It's just going to upset him more if you look so depressed. " he tried not to sound too harsh since he knew Jeje just cared a lot for his eve and it wasn't easy to stay calm in this situation.

Doubt Doubt shook his head, Lily wasn't wrong but it wasn't what was bugging him right now.

-"I know, I don't want to make him worry any more than this either. I was just thinking about something." He hadn't planned to tell the servamp of lust about this, really hadn't. But in the end it was probably safer to do so.

-" It's just... Mikuni was indeed upset and I wanted to comfort him. He teased me a bit but I didn't mind, except... He had that damn smirk on his lips and they were so tempting, and I thought I could never stop..." 

It was horrible for him to say that but he had to admit Lily was the best in this domain. He reached a whole other level of embarassment when his younger brother giggled knowingly and smiled at him.

-" So you mean, Mikuni's lips felt so good you couldn't stop kissing the hell out of him? That sounds pretty normal to me."

"Do you have to use such crude words?! And how is it normal exactly?" 

Lily giggled even more at his reaction and declared naturally:

-"Well, you love him and he loves you too, the feeling is mutual. So it's natural for you to do this kind of things. Also, Mikuni isn't the type of person who' d let you have your way if he didn't enjoy it himself. So you shouldn't worry too much about it. Knowing him, he would have pushed you away if he didn't want that."

"Yeah, I know he would have... or worse, he would have taken revenge on me by giving me ridiculous orders." He sighed. 

"I feel bad because I almost lost my self control, and I don't know if I will be able to restrain myself next time." His expression became gloomier as he added:

"And I feel bad for spouting all this to you, but it's not like I am a master at love like you are."

Lily hummed, "you're doing fine from what I saw" which shut Jeje up. Thankfully Misono hadn't made any comment on their relationship yet.

Finally they found the eves, the way through the corridor felt like eternity to Jeje who wanted nothing more than escaping this conversation with Lust. As the latter said earlier, they were mostly done making preparations and just needed to pick a good schedule. They said they wouldn't do it in the morning since it was rather inconvenient, which only left the evening as their father would be in the mansion all day. Misono spoke first:

-"Ah Lily, Jeje, there you are. We were just saying we should start the meeting at 8pm, father will be leaving tomorrow evening for an appointment - you can guess why- so it's the best choice. Licht has a piano recital in the morning anyway so it's the only way for everyone to be there. Though I don't really want to listen to their bickering, but whatever. Tsurugi will come along with Yumikage so it will be the same people as last time."

"And Tsubaki?" Lily asked.

"That should be fine too. As Mikuni had planned, he said 'it's gonna be interesting' and hanged up." The servamps sweatdropped thinking 'who does that' but they were glad everyone was willing to help.

Mikuni who had let his brother talk suddenly sighed quite loudly and complained.

-"Although I'm thankful to them, that shithead Tsurugi asked for compensation and wouldn't stop bothering me, maybe we shouldn't have asked him."

Jeje was a bit amused, these two never changed. At least they wouldn't threaten to kill each other anymore.

-"I bet he asked for money," he said, "but we're used to it by now. Anyways, it was just him teasing you wasn't it?"

Mikuni nodded, "Yeah, I played along of course. I know he would have come anyway but this side of him is exasperating." He was smiling eventhough he said that so Jeje deduced it went well. 

If Mikuni was fine, then he would be, too. They had good friends, they would power through anything.