Chapter 17

The more the conversation went on, the more Misono thought this girl was totally the superficial type. She kept talking about things like her favorite brands, her tastes in clothes and perfume -seriously, who cared- and the, according to her, most wondeful and extraordinnary education her parents gave her. Definitly not someone he would ever want to be friends  with. The way she spoke made him believe she wasn't able to think for herself at all, and was only trying to look good in front of them. Also he had noticed from the start she wasn't interested in Mikuni's personality. Proof was, she openly stared at him with those disgusting bedroom eyes for twenty minutes straight but wouldn't ask anything about him. She didn't care what kind of human being he was so long as he was handsome and wealthy. Because yes, they already knew it was a marriage of interest, but damn Erina made it obvious what she truly wanted.

Hyde's theory of her having feelings for his brother hadn't been that ridiculous, but right now Misono highly doubted it. Honestly he'd find it awesome if she had the slightest inch of consideration for someone other than herself. Another thing that was seriously annoying him was that she hadn't touched her cup of tea since their father had left them. Talk about good education...

-" Hum, Ms.Erina, not to be impolite but your tea will cool down if you don't drink it . It's better served hot, you know..."

He swore the girl turned to glare at him disdainfully before pulling back her act. Well, too bad, it didn't go unnoticed by Mikuni either. 

-" About that, it's Earl Grey, isn't it? I'm sorry if it inconveniences you, but I've never liked this one. It's too bitter, and the taste his awful, you see. I only drink jasmin tea at home." She explained in her exaggeratedly high-pitched voice.

Instead of getting mad because of her shameless attitude, Mikuni faked a smile and answered:

-" Don't worry, we understand... if you prefer sweet drinks that much, I can ask for some hot cocoa, what do you think? Or maybe juice? Both are pretty sugary, I'm sure you will like it more than the tea."

Sarcasm was one of his forte, and he was having a lot of fun right now. Not only was this girl a pest, but she was also utterly stupid. Guess that's how people who only care about their physics were like. Misono almost felt sorry for her. She was so not his brother's type. No, apparently the blonde was more into tall, quiet men who could literally kill anyone who harmed him. Weird fashion sense and making bottled ships as a hobby, too. Those were the essential facts to know about Jeje. And that he had a really short temper, especially when it came to Mikuni himself. 

The black snake actually enjoyed the show pretty much, it was satisfying seeing his eve shutting her mouth for a while. But Erina effectively hadn't realised he was mocking her, as she all naturally said :

-" It's very considerate of you, but you don't have to bother. I wasn't thirsty anyways." 

"Is that so..." Mikuni replied, " it is a beautiful dress you have, may I ask how much did it cost?"

"Do you think it looks good on me?" She exclaimed somewhat happily.

That wasn't what he said, but whatever. He just had a 'brilliant' idea.

-"Yes", he lied, "it is a pretty shade of pink, just like your eyes. It matches with your hair, too."

In all honesty, the outfit did look good on her. She was pretty tall for a girl, had pale skin and a slender figure. Her light brown hair was long but well maintained. It was a shame her personality was so horrible.

-"Well, thank you. I don't quite remember its price, though, my parents are the ones who paid for it. So I didn't pay it any mind. But I assume it would be rather expensive... for commoners. "

Enough was enough. Neither of the two Aliceins were willing to listen to anymore of her bullshit. They had to talk about the real problem, but first, Mikuni was going to try his great idea of earlier.

-"Misono, would you like some more tea? The one inside the tea-pot should still be warm."

The purple haired boy immediatly guessed what his brother was planning and had to wonder if he was out of his mind. But then he remembered their plan and nodded in agreement. Mikuni held back a smirk as he grabbed the tea-pot, got up to pour some in Misono's cup... and stumbled -well, faked to- resulting in Erina's dress getting soaked with its contents.

A mortified silence ensued, Misono not knowing how to react, Mikuni being proud of himself and Jeje internally laughing. Yes, Jeje was actually laughing, it happened. Needless to say, Erina's expression was priceless.

-" What have you done?!" She screamed. She was finally showing her true self.

"I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your dress... I'll ask for a towel right away." Yet another lie from the blonde but nobody in this room could blame him. And certainly not his partner.

What was unexpected was the girl refusing his proposal.

-"Forget it, that won't be necessary. Let's talk about the wedding, this way I can go home to change clothes." She said.

"Sure... but first of all, please know that I personally have no intention of marrying you." Mikuni sternly declared.

This time she looked completly shocked and outraged, as if he had insulted her in the worst possible way.

-"Wh-what ? But I thought... your father told mine..." she began stuttering.

"My father simply felt he owed your parents for their help seven years ago, and thought he should agree to whatever conditions they had. I, however, am opposed to it and promise I will give back the money if that's what they want. You must understand, I can't marry someone I don't love. I'm sorry if my father or yours gave you false hopes. " he explained.

Erina didn't answer right away but ended up lowering her head, speaking slowly.

-"You know, I thought you were nice back then. We had only met once, but I found you more likeable than the other kids my parents introduced to me. I'm also aware of that incident, and that your family borrowed money from mine. However, my parents don't particularly want it back." she blurted out, this time looking at him. " I don't know what they told your dad, but the reason for this wedding project is that I asked for it. My family doesn't mind lending yours this money since they are friends. At least that's what I heard. I will take my leave now, but you should talk to your father- M.Mikuni."

That caught them off guard. So the request came from Erina... that meant either her parents or Mikado lied. Most likely the latter, if they had to believe what she just said. Actually, it wasn't that surprising... if it meant he could get rid of Jeje, the man would be ready to do almost anything. Understanding this ignited a new fire inside Mikuni. Pure rage directed at his father erupted from the bottom of his heart, but also great disappointment. He wouldn't have thought Mikado held that big of a grudge against his servamp.

-"Ms.Erina," he called out, "please wait. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Our driver will take you home."

"I will appreciate that," she replied,  " and it's fine. I was the one who was naive. I never want to come back here, though. You ruined my dress, and the tea is awful." 

'It could have been worse', he thought. He almost felt bad for spilling it on her, but at least she would give up on him now. And he had to do it so he could test her reaction. Erina wouldn't bother them with that anymore, so all that was left was to talk to his dad. Just thinking about it made him angry...