This Means War

Episode Two

“Yeah, and the junior trip is to D.C! ” Exclaimed Michael.

“I know. After all I was once a junior.” Said Hazel.

She had been listening to him rant and rave about being a junior all morning. On a normal day, she would have left the room. Not today. She was less hard on him today.

“So your dad told me and mom that you have a new friend.” Michael said.

Hazel jumped at the sound of his name. She looked at Michael, trying not to blush.

“Yeah, his name is Balaroak.” She answered.

“So are you and this Balaroak..... Dating? ”

“No! ” Hazel responded quickly. But the. she felt her face get hot. Michael began to grin. She had been exposed.

“Okay I think he is cute. But we aren't dating.” She corrected herself.

“Do you want to date him? ” Michael asked eagerly, with a gleam of curiosity in his brown eyes.

“Its late. We need to get in my car. Now.” Hazel said while running out the door, trying to avoid the question.

†††

“How could you kill my mother?!” Luna cried.

Isaac laughed. “Its good, but it need more...”

“Ignorance.” Chimed Valeska.

Everyone in Hazel's group rolled their eyes. They had already started to hate the new girl, without ever truly knowing her.

“Why are you here in drama class?” Asked Luna.

“Well I need a hobby, and back in England I did many plays.” Valeska dramatically answered.

“Thats hard to believe.” Added Isaac.

Valeska walked over to Isaac and looked deep into his eyes. “Im trying out for the lead female role. I'll most likely get it.” She ran her fingers up Isaac's shirt, but quickly stopped.

She looked petrified. Hazel noticed this and was curious as to what Valeska saw that scared her.

“Whats wrong with you? ” Hazel asked Valeska.

“Nothing.... Well if you excuse me, I have to rehearse what I'm going to audition. After all, the lead role is the hardest one.” Valeska answered.

Hazel felt annoyed by her comment. Like a cloud of anger just hit her. She couldn't let Valeska get what she wanted.

“Good luck. I'm trying out for the lead role too.” Hazel blurted out.

“You are? ” Isaac asked.

“You are?! ” Exclaimed Valeska.

“Yeah, so watch your back Valeska.” Warned Hazel.

Valeska walked up to Hazel. So close the it hurt her eyes. Valeska leaned into Hazel's ear.

“If its a war you want, then its a war you shall get.” Valeska forewarned.

†††

She quickly paced down the hallway, trying to get to her car. What was she thinking? She couldn't do a play, especially as the lead.

But she had to beat Valeska. It gave her pleasure just thinking about victory. Valeska was declaring war, so Hazel had to fight back.

When she was at her car the parking lot was empty. She was the last one at the school and she hated it. Michael went to a friend's house so she was driving home alone too.