The Cursed Blood

Episode Seven

“I cannot believe that all of this happened without me even knowing.” Roak said to Hazel as they walked down the hallways together.

“You would have known if you came to school more often and quit spending so much time with Lillith.” Hazel retorted.

“Lillith and I have been unraveling the mystery of Syndrick, the mysterious brother who lives. Besides, maybe if you'd talk to me I'd know.” He replied.

“I've been busy.”

“Oh really? Busy? Doing what, may I ask? ” Roak laughs.

“Saving your sister, fighting Dominik, coping with death.  The usual.” Hazel said, disgusted by Roak's attitude.

He tries to hold her hand. They only interlock for a moment, but Hazel tugs away from him.

“You okay? ” He asked.

“Perfect. I should probably go to Physics. Talk to you later.” Hazel answered.

“Love you.” Roak yelled.

“Um, bye.” Hazel walked off.

††††

Hazel walked into gym class, which was after physics. She liked gym, especially since they were on the track unit.

Hazel noticed a new girl in the class. She had brown hair and blond highlights. Her brown eyes seemed to stare into Hazel's soul.

“Who's the new girl? ” Hazel asked Gretchen.

“Her name is Jade. She's a freshman. ” Gretchen answered.

“Where did she come from? ” Hazel continued.

“Nobody knows. How about you ask her yourself? ” Gretchen said as she pushed her over to Jade.

“Gretchen no— Hi there.”

“Hey.” Jade said.

“My name is Hazel. What's yours? ”

“Jade. But you knew that already didn't you? ”

“What? No!” Hazel was scared.

“I heard you, its okay.” Jade laughed.

“Oh. So who are you here with?” Hazel asked.

“I used to live with my parents down in Blacksburg, but they died a few months ago. Since then, some lady adopted me and we moved here.” Jade answered.

“That's rough, losing your parents. My mom drowned and my father almost died in a house fire.”

“Hey! That's how my parents died.”  Jade exclaimed.

Jade put her arm on Hazel, but quickly withdrew it. She looked at Hazel with eyes of anger. She stormed off away from Hazel.

“Woah, what did you say to her? ” Gretchen asked.

“I don't know, but I need to talk to someone.” Hazel retorted.

“Who? ”

“Alice.”

††††

“She didn't even say love you back to me. Does that mean something? ” Roak asked Valeska.

“She probably caught up in something else.” Valeska said as she locked her locker.

“Like what though? ” Roak begged for an answer.

“I don't know, nor do I care. We have bigger problems to deal with. ”

“Really? Like what? ” Roak interviewed.