Taking Charge

Episode One- Season Premiere

The vampire bar is full of people. Scotland was famous for vampires, but nobody knew why. Until now.

Scotland was Syndrick's home country. After he was born, him and his parents moved to England where the others were born.

The bar is filled with small talk and beer glasses filled with blood. It was a perfect little vampire gathering place. Then the door burst open.

Everyone in the room goes silent and looks at the door. No one moves or even dare think about moving. Then they walk in.

"Listen to me and nobody gets hurt." Valeska warns with joy in her voice.

~The New Borns~

They all tremble at the sight of Valeska. Hazel had never met other vampires before, so their reaction was odd to her. They were scare because of what? Valeska's high authority being a New Born?

"We're looking for a Syndrick Corridor, my brother. Do any of you blood drunk paddies know where he is? " Valeska asked.

"They're Scottish, the Irish are paddies." Hazel whispered to Valeska.

"Who gives a bloody hell? Just someone answer me before me and my hybrid friend demolish the joint." Valeska says.

Valeska just called Hazel a friend. After two weeks of searching for Syndrick, it seems like the two bonded.

Hazel felt a weird sensation in her body. She began to follow where it was leading her. It brought her to a tan gentle man with tar black hair and a brown leather jacket.

"This one knows something." Hazel guessed since her pure blood power dragged her to him.

Valeska walked over and sat in front of the boy, who tried to act oblivious to their presence.

"What do you know? " Valeska asked.

"Nothing." The boy quickly answered.

"You are such a lying son of a bitch. Don't you fear me? " Valeska laughed.

"I do fear you, but I fear him more." The boy admitted.

"Who? Syndrick? " Hazel asked.

"Well him too, but someone else." The boy said weakly.

"Who the bloody hell is? " Valeska demanded.

"Fitzgerald Carter, the vampire prime minister." The boy revealed.

"Prime minister? Valeska, I thought the Corridors had highest authority? " Hazel was confused.

"We do. The vampire community must have created it behind our backs. Why do you fear Fitzgerald? " Valeska asked the boy.

"He is corrupt with power. Everyone sides with him because they fear his strength. He seeks not only Syndrick, but the rest of you. Including the hybrid." He answered.

‡‡

Valeska drives the around, trying to find a place to stay. They brought the boy because of the knowledge he had obtained. But Hazel wanted him to come because he was so much like her.

"So you were turned four months ago? " Hazel asked him.

"On Indepence Day." He added.

"I was turned last month, on Halloween." Hazel shared.

"Lucky! That is the perfect time to become a vampire." The boy laughed.

"In case you weren't aware, I'm Hazel and the one with horrible driving skills is Valeska."

Valeska stuck her middle finger up at them. They all bursted out laughing. Hazel missed Godrick and Roak, but now, it was fun.

"My name is Asher." He laughed.

"Okay, now that you two had your awkward newbie vampire convention, let's talk about what Asher knows." Valeska suggested.

"All I know is that the vampire council is searching for you all and plans to kill you." Asher states.

"How did you find out?" Hazel asked.

"Because they are offering prizes for you. Dead or alive." He tells them.

"But what did we do? " Hazel asked Asher.

"Absolutely nothing. They claim that you all are distorted with power, but they have yet to look in the mirror.

‡‡

"This channel suck." Valeska moaned.

"First of all, we are in a foreign country, so american channels won't be over her. Second, that's what happens when you choose a crappy motel." Hazel said.

"This is fancy for Scotland." Valeska snapped.

"Why are you guys bringing me with you everywhere? " Asher asked.

"Because we want a threesome, " Valeska sarcastically began, "Because you could use us and we could use you. Are you too good to be with us? "

"No, I was just curious. It's not like anybody knows me." Asher answered.

"What do you mean? " Hazel questioned.

"Everyone I loved was killed. I'm all alone." He retorted.

"How, if you don't mind me asking? " Hazel inquired.

"I died on July 4th, as you know. My family and I were at the beach, taking a tour around the sand dunes. My cousins, around Seven and Eight, vanished. We searched for hours and we found them. Dead." Asher began.

"I'm going to the mini mart across the street." Valeska said, before leaving.

"We saw their bodies, mauled. It was a horrific sight." Asher began to cry.

Hazel rubbed his back, trying to comfort him. She felt grief for the poor guy. He had been through so much.

"Then one by one, my family fell to the ground, dead. I was the last one and the man looked me in the eye. His were a pure red that seemed to radiate heat and hatred. He stroked my hair while I cried. Then he whispered, 'I will make your pain end.' Then her bit me, but retracted no blood. Then snapped my neck." Asher finsished.

"Who was the vampire that turned you? " Hazel asked.

"Syndrick Corridor." Asher said.

‡‡

Valeska walked out of the mini mart with a huge bag. In it was Doritos, Hershey chocolate, and a pint of the cashier's blood.

The only light was that of the street lamp above her. She went through the bag, trying to get the chocolate, but stopped.

A man stood in front of her. He had a hoodie and the hood hid his face from her. That and the night. His eyes glowed red, so she knew what he was.

"Don't fuck with me, tallywacker. I've had a bad day. That cashier had A positive blood." Valeska warned.

The man said nothing. Instead he ran over and grabbed her from behind. She grew scared, but couldn't let him know.

He put his face close to her neck. She could feel his warm breath on her neck. He then kissed it, over and over again.

"Who are you? Show yourself." Valeska sternly requested.

"You know me. I love you, Val. I will show myself when you find me." He said, then taking off.

Valeska had a light bulb go off. She almost began to cry in joy. Nine hundred years and he still like playing games.

"Vladimir." She cried.

‡‡

Syndrick places Roak and Godrick's coffins in a cave and walks away. He put them there until he found a more suitable.

Once Syndrick was gone a man and woman walked up to the coffins and opened them. The Corridor brothers were still mummified.

"This is them, Fitzgerald." The woman said.

"Indeed." He smirked.

~The New Borns~