The Hunger Games of a Vampire

Episode One- Season Premiere

Hazel sits on her bed and begins to think about her greatest fear, Alice. She knew that Alice wanted her dead for a ritual of some sort which scared her even more.

She then heard the screaming of her aunt. She quickly got up and ran down the stairs.

Down there, her aunt's body was on the ground, burning with fire along with the rest of the kitchen. She sees Alice near her aunt's body.

"You bitch! " Hazel Screamed. She screamed so loud that her throat seemed to burn.

"Better you than me." Says Alice.

Alice then points at a nearby flame, then points at Hazel. The fire follows the finger's path and runs up her body.

She had never felt the pain of burning alive, but it was more unbearable than she expected.

She fell to the floor slowly burning. A tear escaped her eye. Her aunt was right, her life would never be the same. She then died.

†††

She then quickly sits up from her slumber. She is in a wine cellar. She was sure it was the one in the Corridor mansion.

She looked at her skin. There was a spot on her leg that was black and charred from the fire, but it quickly healed in front of her eyes.

She saw a mirror, which was odd to find in a wine cellar. She walked over to it and saw herself wearing a green dress that went to her knees.

Then she looked at her face. It looked the same, a little paler than usual, but untouched. Was this part of being a pure blood? But then she saw it.

She saw her vibrant red eyes. She nearly fell to the floor at the sight of it. Only vampires had red eyes. She then knew that she wasn't a pure blood, she was a vampire.

Then she heard whispering from upstairs. This was vampire super hearing.

"How long until she wakes up? " Gretchen asked.

"I'm not sure." Roak answered.

Hazel begins to quietly walk up the stairs. She opens the door, but it creaks loudly. Everyone looked at her.

"Hazel! " Cried Gretchen. She ran up and hugged her, crying onto her shoulder.

"You didn't deserve to die." Gretchen wiped the tears away.

"What the hell happened? " Hazel asked everybody.

"You hallucinated." Valeska joked.

Hazel ran up to Valeska at superspeed and grabbed her neck, holding her high up.

"Im not in the mood." Hazel said sternly.

Valeska saw the red glow in Hazel's eyes. She knew what this was an indication of.

She pushed Hazel off of her. She then caught her breath. Hazel was strong for a fletchling, a term used for a new vampire.

"You need to eat Hazel. You're starving." Valeska told.

"What happens if I don't? " Hazel asked, scared to hear the answer.

"Thats the thing, you will. Its impossible to resist the urge." Godrick revealed.

Hazel felt her stomach drop. She didn't want to be a vampire. She couldn't handle seeing blood. Plus, she didn't feel that hungry for blood, or anything.

"Who turned me?" Hazel asked.

"They won't tell us. It was either Balaroak or Godrick." Valeska says.