Deep Shadows

Episode Eight

Emily knocks on the Corridor Villa's door. She waits a few minutes until Roak answers the door. She stares for a long time, then decides to speak.

“Oh, I must have the wrong address.” Emily starts to walk away.

“You're Emily. Valeska told me you might show up.” Roak shook her hand.

“I hope I'm not intruding on anything.” Emily walked inside.

“No, I'm just watching the bodies. I could use someone to talk to.” Roak closes the door.

“Woah! This place is so elegant. I feel like I'm in a palace. ” Emily surveys the house.

"Thank you. I try to give it an old yet modern look." Roak says.

"Is this them?" Emily walks over to Gene and Hazel's bodies.

"Yes. Would you like to hear the story?" He asked.

"I guess so." Emily smiles

‡The New Borns‡

Nora walks into St. Helen's Hospital looking for Emerson. He sits behind a desk doing paper work.

"I need your assistance in medical care." She says.

"I'm sort of busy. Maybe later." Emerson doesn't look up.

"It deals with the condition of my mundane brother and your fellow our blood." Nora says.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I'm sure you're aware of the fact that they are both knocked out, I want some medical attention for them both." Nora explains.

"I want to help, I do. But I'm on duty. I can't just up and leave. I have patients to attend." He says.

"You're a nurse, not a doctor. Besides, I can fix that problem with persuasive magic." Nora hints.

"I would normally frown upon this, but in a scenario as such, I guess it's adequate." Emerson puts on his coat.

"Thank you. While I handle your boss, wanna fetch me a doughnut?" Nora giggled.

‡‡

Valeska sits on the park bench, watching everyone that passes by. None of which looked like a nightmare incubus.

"What a waste of my damn time." Valeska shook her head in dissapointment.

Then a girl walked up to her. She wore all black and had blue hair strips. Valeska stood up.

"Hi, I'm Nirvana. I'm from the Zeta house.  Are you Valeska?" She asked.

"Are you Malakai's servant?" Valeska turned her head.

Nirvana pulled out a stake and tried to shove it in Valeska's chest. Valeska grabbed her head and snapped it. She then picked up the stake.

"I've been killed by one of these before. But that didn't stop me from coming back stupid trollip." She rolled her eyes and picked up the body.

‡‡

Emily takes a sip of her tea while Roak finishes the story of what had happened. Then she wiped her lips.

"Wow, this family has so many complex qualities. Nightmare Incubuses, Hybrids, Witches, Incipios. It's almost too hard to juggle all at once." She says.

"This will be your quality too if you choose to love Godrick. This is our life, his life. It effects everyone." Roak tells.

"Thanks for the warning." Emily thinks about it.