Streets of Fire

Episode Two

"He's dead." Valeska walked in and threw a newspaper on the kitchen counter.

"Who?" Hazel took the paper and read it.

"Well?" Godrick waited for Hazel to say something.

"Ethan, they found his incinerated remains near the diner he worked at. You know what this means?" Hazel says.

"That the annoying little twit who was somewhat useful is dead?" Valeska guessed.

"No. It means Josef is still in town, and if he's in town so is Lazarus." Hazel answers.

"So what's the plan then?" Syndrick asked.

"We have to swarm the town in search of him, and we could really use Khlovis' help." Hazel looks at Valeska.

"Heavens no, I have yet to break the poor lad's heart. I can't just use him like that, then break uo with him. It's dirty." She refuses.

"Come on, it's for you sister-in-law, your brother, and your nephew." Hazel says persuasively.

"Fine, but you might want to think of any other favors he could perform for you all because after today him and I are no longer an item." Valeska caves in.

‡The New Borns‡

"And so Eliza and Alicianna ditched her children in the flames, hoping that it would take their lives. Then a powerful witch visited Balaroak, the middle child before the flames devoured him she offered him immortality for him and his siblings." Dr. Aurelius taught her class.

"Then what?" A student asked.

"Well Balaroak accepted the offer. He and is sibling became vampires. They spread across the globe spreading vampirism and hunting for both their mother and Alicianna." Dr. Aurelius explained.

"What about today?" Another student asked.

"Well I don't know. Rumor has it they all found love, and Roak had a child. Then again, I'm just a crazy old lady teaching the supernatural studies course. Now your test on the Corridors is on Thursday." She dismissed the class.

The class was empty. She walked over to her desk and began to grade papers. Then a knock was at the class door, which then opened.

"Professor, glad I caught you." Josef walked in with a stroller.

"Josef, pleasure to see you. Who's the baby?" She asked.

"My son, little Bård. I've been meaning to talk to you about something." Josef says.

"Which would be?"

"I need to know how to kill a new born." He reveals.

"Why would you need to know that?" She became worried.

"You see, I'm having slight issues with the Corridors and their friends. Well, the ones that I haven't killed yet." He laughed.

"You are a sick man, you played them like fiddles. Khlovis is surprisingly the good one. That baby is Lazarus" She realized.

"Winner winner chicken dinner. But seriously Doc, I'm going to need an answer." Josef touched his nose and smiled.

"Sun stakes or sun branches will do the job. But I can't even begin to think on where you could find them." She answers.

"I don't need you to help me find them, I'm an incipio silly. Such a shame I have to kill you." Josef frowned.

"You won't be able to defeat them, the Corridors. They will kill you and you shall join all those you have murdered. You could make this go down peacefully." Dr. Aurelius warned him.