Needle and Thread

Episode One- Season Premiere

"Hey Asher, it's Hazel again. I know we haven't kept in touch that well, but I guess I'm making up for that now. You've missed a lot of action these past three months of summer.

Rumor has it that after we killed Edith, Alice lost her vampirism thanks to Alder. I guess being human again will teach her a lesson. Then again, that girl never does learn.

Gretchen and Aerik traveled Europe and parts of Asia over the summer. They have to be the cutest couple in history. Then again, what do I know about love?

Valeska is back on the hunt for Vladimir again. No one here is brave enough to tell her that he most likely ditched her. But why ruin her hope?

Roak and Syndrick have kept to themselves. I hear from Roak occasionally, but he basically feeds me this information.

As for me, I'm okay. After Godrick broke up with me, I was devastated. But with time I healed and all that's left are golden scars. I spent the summer by myself in Boston. It is where my mom used to live, so it was nice.

Well, when you call me back I want to hear about South Carolina and all the trouble that the Valentino's are causing. Call back soon." Hazel said, then hanging up on the voicemail.

‡The New Borns‡

Hazel and Gretchen arrange their dorm with precision. These two wanted everything to be perfect, unlike their lives. Mostly Gretchen, but Hazel had part.

"And you wouldn't believe how breathtaking Paris is! Athens was perfect, and Madrid- don't even get me started on Madrid." Gretchen rambled.

"You're so lucky. I spent summer vacation alone. Kinda pathetic. It was suppose to be the summer of my life, but instead the summer of sorrow." Hazel moped.

"Sorry. I feel so insensitive for bring up the topic. But hey, I've never been to Boston." Gretchen changed topic.

There was a knock on their dorm door. They look at each other in confusion, then the door. Hazel walks over and opens the door.

"Hi there, you must be Hazel." The girl smiled.

"Do I know you?" Hazel asked.

"Well no, not yet. I'm Mindy, your roommate." She held her hand out.

Hazel looked back at Gretchen with anger in her eyes. "I think you have the wrong room. There's only us in this dorm." Gretchen said.

"Not according to my paper. Look and see for yourself." Mindy handed the paper to Hazel who read it.

"She is our roommate." Hazel's eyes widened.

††††

*Novosibirsk, Russia*

Alice stands outside of an apartment, bundled in an oversized jacket. She ferociously shakes, trying to keep herself warm. Valeska walks out of the complex.

"Let me guess, not in there." Alice shivered.

"Look, I promised I wouldn't kill you if you helped me find him. I don't want negativity or I'll end your human life." Valeska promised.

"I just find it lame that we are looking for a guy who obviously doesn't want to be found." Alice moans.

"Shut your damn trapper. He wants us to find him. He likes playing games." Valeska tells herself.

"How about we check the United States. Like, a warm state like Florida." Alice suggested.

"Or we can check the Palmetto State. He knows I would never look for him there." Valeska's face lit up.