Russian Roulette

Episode Four

“Wait, so you have no powers? ” Hazel was shocked.

“Do humans have powers? I thought not.” Alice was irritated.

“What are we waiting for? Let's kill the bitch! ”Valeska says.

“No! She could be of use to us.” Hazel suggested.

“How? Prove it.” Valeska demands.

“The vampire council, I can take you to the headquarters in Moscow.” Alice said.

“What about Syndrick? Who will watch him? ” Lillith asked.

“You, new guy, and Gretchen can watch him.” Alice tells them.

“No, I am coming with you guys to Russia, you'll need magic.” Gretchen informs them.

“My looks are magical enough. We are going Moscow, not Hogwarts.” Alice jokes.

“Hazel, Valeska, let's go.” Alice adds after picking up the keys.

“I'm driving.” Valeska snatches the keys out of Alice's hands.

“Pray for us.” Hazel asked as they walked out.

~The New Borns~

They finally cross over into Russia, which was a snow waste land. It burned their eyes, just because of the bright snow.

“I think I slept with a Czar a few hundred years ago.” Alice recalled.

“Shocker.” Valeska blankly said.

“Leska, Alice and I will find the headquarters. You can look for Vladimir.” Hazel said.

“Really? You mean it?! If you say so.” Valeska smiled.

“Here.” Alice said.

Valeska stomped on the breaks. They all slam there heads on something from it. Valeska turned around, red with anger.

“Get out!” Valeska shouted.

‡‡

Alice and Hazel march through the compacted snow. They sweat from their three hour trek to nowhere.

“Are you sure it's this way? ” Hazel was gasping for air.

“Unless Syndrick lied to me.” Alice fell down. Being human was taking its toll on her.

“I use to be able to endure pain. Being mortal sucks! ” Alice moaned.

“Hazel! ” Yelled a boy a few feet away.

It was Ethan. The freshman that was an expert at anything involving magic. Hazel felt relieved to see a face that didn't make her think about shoving a stake through her heart.

“Fuck my life.” Alice whispered.

“Ethan? What are you doing in Russia? ” Hazel asked.

“Gretchen said you need magic, so I teleported right over.” He answered.

They heard a loud crack. Then another. Each time it intensified. They all begin to panic.

“We're standing on a frozen lake, aren't we? ” Alice said, trying not to move.

“I want to say no, but that would be a lie.” Hazel answered.

The ice below them broke and they plummeted into ice water. They open their eyes and see its crystal clear.

Alice quickly swam over to a cave. Ethan and Hazel swam with her, hoping to find air before it was too late.

‡‡

Valeska walks down the streets of Moscow. It was a hustling city full of rough looking people. Russia had changed since Valeska's last visit nine hundred years ago.

A man holds a knife up to Valeska's neck. She doesn't move. Who could it be?

“Довольно леди хочет весело провести время?” He asked if she wanted a good time.

“Не искушай меня.” Valeska warned him not to tempt her.

Then another male voice arises from behind her.

“Оставьте леди в одиночку.” The other male voice warned him to leave Valeska alone.

“ Ах да? Почему ты заслуживаешь ее?” The knife guy wanted to know why the other wanted her.

“Потому что она была моей течение девяти столетий.” The man claimed he had Valeska hundreds of years ago.

He then snaps the man with the knife's neck. Valeska turned around and saw Vladimir.

His amber hair and red eyes made Valeska melt. His smile was one that she had missed so much.

“Vladimir.” Valeska smiled.

“Alavaleska.” He grinned.

‡‡

The swim until they reach air. It was a hallway made of ancient bricks. It was so dark, they could barely see.

“I got this.” Ethan comforted them.

He snapped his fingers and torches on the walls lit up with a tall green flame. They begin to attempt drying off.

“Is there a spell for looking fabulous? ” Alice asked.

“Duh, how do you think I look like this? ” Ethan said.

There is a silence in the air. Alice looked hopeless when he said that, but Ethan broke the tension.

“It was a joke.” Ethan tells them.

“What did I ever do to deserve being with these people? ” Alice asked God.

“What didn't you do? ” Hazel laughed.

They begin to walk down the long, narrow hallway. It reeked of mildew and decay. Alice complained the whole time.

“My feet are killing me.” Alice whined.

“Take those heels off, stupid.” Hazel suggested.

“But that would kill the glamour.” Ethan chimed in.

“Thank you! Finally, something we can agree on.” Alice says.

They walk until they reach a intersection of hallways. All tweleve looked alike, so it was to be a rough decision.

“Can you use magic to teleport us out? ” Hazel asked Ethan.

“I can try.” Ethan said.

He chanted to himself, trying to cast the teleportation spell, but it ceased to work.

“It won't work.” Ethan says.

“Are you saying that I'm stuck here with you two idiots?! ” Alice freaked out.

“More or less.” Ethan answered.

‡‡

“It took you long enough to find me.” Vladimir said.

“I was slowed down by family issues. But they're being felt with while I'm here.” Valeska smiled.

“I can't get over how beautiful you are.” Vladimir giggled.

“Well I am adorable.” Valeska laughed.

“You didn't ditch me for some other guy, did you? ” Vladimir asked.

“I wouldn't dream of it.” Valeska laughed.

They stared at each other, soaking in their faces. It was amazing to see the transformations made. That is until a wooden arrow ripped through Vladimir's chest.

~The New Borns~