Chapter 15

It was almost winter break and I still got nothing.

I decided to go over to the police station to talk to Hopper. He actually called me over and Eleven was there too.

"I need you guys to do something," he said.

"I know Eleven can contact people through her powers and when it combines with yours, it becomes stronger," he said.

"So what do you want us to do?", I asked.

He opened up a file on his desk and pulled out a picture.

"I need you to find Dr Brenner," he said, showing us his picture.

"What?", I said

"No!", Eleven shouted.

"Fine, I'll explain," he said, rubbing his temple.

He sat us down.

"When I asked some of the scientists who made them come here and secretly try to restart everything, they said that Dr Brenner had contacted them. And apparently Dr Brenner told them to not spill anything to anyone, not even the government. So I need you to contact Dr Brenner to lure him back to Hawkins," he explained.

"Okay?", I said.

Eleven kept quiet.

"Can you try to contact Dr Brenner with your powers?", he asked.

"We can try-"

"I don't even know if we can do that with our powers," Eleven cut me off.

"Well, we can try," I repeated.

"Okay, I'll give you my office and some time," he said.

He turned on the TV and left the office. Eleven messed with the stations for a bit until the screen went to static. She passed me a towel and took one for herself.

"You know, you don't have to do this if you don't want to," I said, as I saw her hands shaking.

"No, it's fine. If it's for the benefit of the research, then I don't mind doing it", she said, not looking up.

"Okay, whatever you say," I shrugged.

I looked at the photo one last time before blindfolding myself. I felt Eleven grab my hand and we both entered the medium.

We stood there for a while. I already felt my nose start to bleed. I told Eleven we had to do it quickly. She sighed and turned around to see Dr Brenner standing there, looking off somewhere. I walked toward him while Eleven hesitantly followed behind. I stuck my hand out to his head and we entered his mind.

I looked at Eleven, and she looked too scared to talk. So I started.

"Dr Brenner, we are in Hawkins. Please find us, we need your help," I said.

"Please," Eleven managed to whisper.

Then I could not hold it anymore. My brain hurt intensely. I opened my eyes and let go of Eleven's hand. I pulled off the towel and wiped my nose. This was the most I've bled so far, and the most pain I felt in my head. Eleven removed her towel and saw me in pain. She ran out of the room and came back with a cup of water, tissues and an ice pack. Hopper walked in with her.

"How did it go?", he asked.

He saw me on the ground with tissues in my nose and an ice pack on my head.

"Are you okay?", he asked.

"I'm fine," I said and stood up. I sat on the chair opposite Hopper.