Chapter 39

Eleven gathered everyone once more time before lunch to tell them the programme for today.

"Today we'll just have a small tour of the barracks after lunch. Then you'll have the rest of the day off. You guys can choose whether you want to stay here or go back to where ever you are staying."

Then, we all left the room and went to the middle school cafeteria for lunch. Hopper had ordered in stuff for us. We all sat down at one big table. Dustin and I sat at the end of the table so we could slip away later. Then, Louise sat right beside me. Crap, I hope he doesn't stop us from going on our walk later.

"Hey, my name is Louise," he said.

"I know," I replied.

I looked at Dustin for support but he just looked back at me. I guess with a witness he can't do anything.

"Y-you've met Dustin, right?", I asked, pointing at Dustin.

"I didn't get a chance to talk to him just now," he said.

He turned to face Dustin.

"Hi, you are Dustin?", he asked.

"Yes, and you are Louise, right?"

"Yup. Um... You aren't a number?", he said, looking at his wrist.

"No, I'm just one of the teens helping with the project. I am really close to Eleven and Kali, and even the sheriff so they allowed me to join you guys. Plus, you all need a bit of balance of normal kids and superpowered kids" he said.

"What about Denise?", he asked.

"Oh, she's my girlfriend."

Wait what? He just told him like that. I was about to pull Dustin aside when Joyce had called us to take our food from another table. We all got up and Dustin grabbed my hand and pulled me toward him. Louise looked at me with some envy in his eyes. Dustin and I need to talk, but not in front of Louise.

"Is everything okay?", Kali asked, walking beside me.

"Yup, everything's fine."

"Are you sure? You don't look fine."

"Its Louise," I told her telepathically.

"What?", she said out loud.

"I'll tell you later, can't talk right now," I told her telepathically

She just nods and we proceed to get  food. I was about to grab a box for myself when Louise handed me one.

"Thanks," I said, taking the box with slight precaution.

"No problem," he said, then walked back.

I quickly switched my box with another one sitting on the table then went back to the table. We all ate lunch. Dustin and I ate quickly so we can leave to go for a walk, and also for a talk. When we were done, we both got up at the same time.

"Where are you going?", Louise asked.

"To throw away our boxes," Dustin answered.

"Don't you just want to let your girlfriend sit here while you throw her box with yours?"

"No, I like to be independent," I said.

"Are you sure? It's not so gentleman like Dustin to help you take your stuff."

"Oh shut up. I like doing things by myself," I replied.

Dustin and I walked toward the bins and threw our boxes away. We were about to head out of the cafeteria when we saw Louise staring at us. Dustin nudged me and I used my powers to make him turn away so we could go.