24

It was 5 pm on a Sunday when Yukhei finally brought in the last box from the truck and places it on the carpeted floor of Jungwoo's new living room. It hadn't taken them long to climb the few flights of stairs from the entrance of the tall building, the elevator weren't working at that moment.

The model heaved out a content sigh, lifting his head as he let his eyes to survey this new apartment. Jungwoo off in his bedroom already sorting through things.

The new apartment wasn't as large or as well kept as Jungwoo's shared residence, it was true that Jungwoo had said it was a shit apartment. Yukhei didn't have to looking around the whole place to know that. The living room was a decent size with the balcony with sliding doors a good length across from the main entrance. There were no blinds shading the sliding doors so you had a clear view of the balcony.

The railing was rusting and there were obvious thin pillars missing and the wooden floor of the balcony was an ugly black and green color with a tinge a sick brown. Yukhei felt worry sink in his stomach at the sight. The model let out a sudden huff before he turned to his right and started to walk down the small hallway that passed the kitchen. Just as he made to the entrance to the kitchen, Yukhei stopped to take a look. And to say that kitchen smelled like burnt plastic was an understatement.

From Yukhei's view, he top of the stove was pitch black, as if someone had set fire to the poor medal. The sourrounding counters were smudged with dirt and all types of unknown stains. The sink was even worse, from it came ugly murmurs, scratching almost, as the water droplets fell from the faucet because it wasn't completely closed. Yukhei guessed the sink color was supposed to white but it was anything but. Even some of the cabinet doors were missing their handles or non existent all together.

Disgust itch at the model's face before he heard rustling from down the hallway to the only room. Jungwoo started unpacking as soon as he had gotten all the boxes for his room to his room. He was eager to get that at least done.

Yukhei swallowed to the sound of another tearing box before he hurriedly walked the rest of the hallway in fear that some kind of unknown thing would pop out from the drain since the screech like noises wouldn't seize.

Jungwoo had been right, this really was a shady neighbor, the man helping them with the moving of the boxes had left just as fast as he had arrived. On the ride there, people sauntered the streets nonchalantly, every now and then they would've passed a homeless person pushing around a grocery cart with random objects in them. There were many groups of men that glared at them through their windows as they innocently drove by. They all had dark eyes full of this intimidating aura. They looked like they were in gangs.

Yukhei had felt his chest tighten to the idea of Jungwoo possibly being in danger there. When in front of the lobby ready to bring up the boxes, Yukhei had glanced at the other, and he could tell Jungwoo was filled with the same anxiety masked by a smile as he had lifted one of the boxes and started to take it up the stairs and into his apartment.

But now the journey down the short hall came to an end and Wong Yukhei stood at the door way of Jungwoo's bed room. The model peeked in to only see the Korean male on the floor taking random objects out of boxes to see where the place them. His matress had been leaning on the wall in the corner of the room, he hadn't brought a bed stand not frame. To him, a matress was enough for now.

Yukhei blinked before he loudly cleared his throat, trying to make himself known. Jungwoo jolted slightly, obviously too focused on the unpacking to notice much of his surroundins. Jungwoo then turned and met his gaze with Yukhei's. There was a short second pause of blank stares before he grinned blindingly and Yukhei felt his heart stutter. That was his boyfriend.

"D-do you need help with anything else?" Yukhei mentally cursed at himself for getting oddly nervous at such a time. Maybe it was because in such an ugly apartment Yukhei couldn't help but notice Jungwoo's defining beauty even more or it could've been the horrid smell of the kitchen doing something to his brain processing. Either or seemed valid in his mind.

"Yeah, um can you put all the boxes of kitchen supplies near the kitchen. I'm going to have to clean that place some other time, that shit is nasty." Jungwoo muttered the last sentence to himself as he finished unpacking another box and threw the empty and now folded cardboard across the room where a pile of folded boxes laid.

"I swear to god something lives in that fucking sink." Yukhei breathed out before turning on his heels to do as he was told. He could hear Jungwoo groaning aloud as he exited the door way.

"Why did you have to say that." Jungwoo whined. Yukhei could tell Jungwoo was pouting in his bed room as a playful grin made it's way to Yukhei's face. The model still making his way to the living room to search for the box labeled kitchen. Yukhei's eyes wandered up and around the boxes stacked on top of each other even through the ones just laying around looking for brightly written letters that spelled out kitchen.

Yukhei frowned and approached one of the piles near a corner before he started lifting each box. He kept on with that process one he got to the bottom one as reading the words and only let out a sigh in reply to no sight of the word kitchen. Defeated and with no boxes left in that pile living in the corner, he turned and reached for the boxes he had set aside to stack pile up again. This time when he lifted one of the boxes, he felt a high pitched squeak run up his throat and out of his mouth to the sight of a 4 legged ugly and slimy brown roach that scurried to hide behind another mini tower. Jungwoo's place was disgusting. Yukhei had come to that conclusion.