47

It was a slow and boring Friday afternoon. Donghyuck still hadn't made an appearance at work. It was almost bothering Jungwoo at this point. He had to double the work while Taeyong stayed at the counter the majority of shifts.  Besides that there was still and concerning stung at his chest when he thought of the teen. He kept it to himself though. He had completely forgotten to ask where Donghyuck was why he was missing so many days, his mind was too busy buzzing with out thoughts.

Other than that, Jungwoo had easily gotten used to the routine by now. Wake up, kiss Yukhei good morning, got to classes, come back, kiss Yukhei good bye, go to work, come home and kiss Yukhei good night.

The model had explained that he had the rest of the week free and had planned to stay as close to Jungwoo as possible. Which meant practically living in Jungwoo's apartment. The art student almost felt apologetic. Despite only ever having time to be with his boyfriend at night, Jungwoo was happy. He couldn't exactly say the same for Yukhei though. There seemed to be an itching thought flashing through the model's eyes everytime Jungwoo would leave or comeback. Something wanted to pass his lips but he held his tongue.

Jungwoo hadn't brought it up, he didn't know how. In that span of 2 days the art student had decided that he wasn't planning to move somewhere else. Where would he go? Besides, Taeyong, a leader of a gang, was dead set on keeping Jungwoo safe. That thought alone only helped Jungwoo sleep better at night, well other than having a big goof of a boyfriend as your heater and cushion.

Yes, the two had slept every night cuddled with each other. Sometimes they would spend almost an hour before bed just talking or maybe not. Who knew. Jungwoo would more often than not end up playing with Yukhei's fingers until he dozed off. Jungwoo would thread and unthread the long fingers through his own, rubbing the model's palms with the pads of his thumb; even drawing patterns lightly over the inside of the model's hand. They spent 3 nights falling asleep one way or the other. It felt like a dream. All of it did. It was almost too blissful.

The first time, that Wednesday, Jungwoo had come home he was surprised to be met with this enticing smell that drew him to the kitchen. There Yukhei was in an apron over a boiling stove. And there Jungwoo's kitchen was, every available counter space had been occupied by a plastic bag. Jungwoo had felt his stomach rumble. The model then explained that he went shopping with his manager while he had been away. Yukhei commented on how he noticed the emptiness of Jungwoo's fridge and put it upon himself to cook something.

And it was that night that Jungwoo hadn't forgotten to inform Yukhei of everything Taeyong had told him earlier that day. It was after the delicious dinner did he spill everything. The words had come tumbling out of his mouth so fast Yukhei needed time to register it all. Despite telling Yukhei most of what happened, Jungwoo left out exactly how it had happened. He never once mentioned that prior to Taeyong's long story that a couple of bad looking guys with the aura of trouble had come in to pick a fight. Jungwoo didn't want him knowing, he didnt want to put Yukhei in a position of worry when he was almost sure it wasn't going to happen again.

And besides all the new discoveries, that was how Jungwoo had ended up with traditional thai stew in his stomach, but that was when Jungwoo noticed. After Jungwoo shared what he could only describe as Donghyuck's sob story, he felt something was off. He noticed Yukhei bit back at a spoonful of the stew. He was going to ask later on, but the past few days he had been there Jungwoo had become so busy. Paying bills, working, classes. Everything was weighing him down. It had occurred to Jungwoo one night, cuddled up on the mattress to ask Yukhei a question.