33

Jungwoo had surprisingly learned a number of things form only his first hour on the job. Okay that's not entirely true, he didn't learn much but he did at the same time. If that made any sense. What Jungwoo knew for sure was that he'd need to bring a jacket next shift.

The cold AC blew briskly through the vents as silence infected the small store. Jungwoo was already on the job, apron around his waist as he stacked junk food on the shelves. A shiver ran down his spine. The art student let out a sigh under his breath.

Jungwoo then bravely glanced down the isle to the front counter where the younger boy from earlier was, unwavering with his glare towards him. The art student quickly turned back to his work but Donghyuck's sharp gaze stayed hard.

The younger boy with the nasty glare was Lee Donghyuck. He lived in the same apartment building Jungwoo did with his grandmother, the manager had explained earlier. The manager even bothered to further tell him that Donghyuck's disapproving gaze was just a phase. He was a teenager after all and the manager just left it at that. Since the manager had said not to take it to heart, Jungwoo wasn't going to. But god was it hard not to snap.

Despite all the tension, there was one thing Jungwoo couldn't stop thinking about. The art student had wondered if the old lady from before, the one watering the plants, was Donghyuck's grandmother. Of course, Jungwoo was still slightly intimidated by the other's unwavering glare that seemed to be glued to the back of his head, so he didn't bother asking.

The strong voice that had called out earlier, when he had entered the store, was from the manager, Lee Taeyong. Jungwoo had felt familiarity sting him at the sound of his name but ignored the emotion at his guts. Lee Taeyong was shorter, so was Donghyuck, than him with a bright maroon color bleached into the strands of his hair.

Despite looking oddly dangerous without an expression, when Taeyong would smile, Jungwoo felt warmth. Unlike Donghyuck, Taeyong had been welcoming. The manager had kindly showed him around the small convenience store. Through the isles of bagged chips, Taeyong had explained a couple of things.

One was, the freezers in the back had to have their entrance door from the outside always locked, and two, that it would be great if he would only bring positive vibes to work everyday. Other than that Taeyong was pretty laid back, letting Donghyuck do whatever he wanted most of the time. Jungwoo assumed they had known each other for a long time but of course didn't dare to pry.

But besides that, there Jungwoo was, placing a couple of Twinkies on one of the small shelves where the sweets were. The dark green colored apron was tightly wrapped around his waist and a tag was pinned at his breast pocket that spelled out his name.

And of course, with Donghyuck intently watching him do his work from the main counter. The said counter was directly in front of the only 3 rows of supplies in the store, making the task of staring easy. Donghyuck, with his bold eyes, was glaring at Jungwoo mercilessly, his chin resting in his palm and his elbow on the ugly beige colored counter.

Jungwoo swallowed hard as he placed another Twinkie in the stack with the others on the shelf. Jungwoo had also learned that Donghyuck wasn't very fond of him. The two were alone to look after the store since Taeyong had run off to take care of some important errands, and to say Jungwoo was more than just uncomfortable was an understatement.

After stiffly placing another a Twinkie in it's place, Jungwoo dared himself to glance from the corner of his eye to the counter once more. Sharpness met him and he jolted slightly before returning to his work, his eyes recovering from accidentally meeting Donghyuck's sharp gaze.