Somebody Else

Van:

When we arrived in LA, it was larger than I'd expected. I don't know why I forgot how much the city seemed to never end. It was hot, too. I pulled at my jacket on our way to our hotel. I wondered if I should text Gabi and tell her that we were here. Or maybe Lucia. No, not Lucia. Not yet. I had to plan that out. Even if I was sure Gabi had told Lucia we were coming.

"So good to be back in LA huh girls?" Bondy spoke in an exaggeratedly high pitched voice. "Rodeo Drive is calling my name."

"Can we dump him off before we get to the hotel and he embarrasses us?" Benji yawned. Our flight had been long and we were all a little dull from lack of sleep. I didn't bother to say anything, leaning against the car window and shutting my eyes.

It was a peaceful trip to the hotel. Even walking inside, through the lobby, it was calm. A couple of fans recognized us, told us they'd been fans since we were playing at small bars. Just like a couple months ago. A pick up in album sales had allowed us to be able to travel everywhere through plane, and book nicer hotels than the ones we'd stayed at previously. It was a little exhilarating to not have to wonder if we'd have to stretch a dollar to have somewhere to sleep for the night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucia:

"You know they're playing in the Wiltern right? Sold-out. Who would've thought?" Gabi had called me to make sure I was still agreeing to go with her and Hannah to meet the guys for dinner. I guess Hannah had developed something with Bondy the last couple of months, but they were still in the testing stage.

"Yeah, who would've thought." I mumbled.

"You can still come right?"

"Yes, I can still go." I paced my room, looking at myself in the mirror. The necklace hugged my neck, and I turned away. "Do you think it'll be fine? I mean I haven't kept in touch with anyone. You've kept in touch with Van, and Hannah with Bondy, but I"-

"It's the polite thing to do Lucia." Gabi cut in. "You don't have to stick with us the whole time, but just come by and say hello, I'm sure they'd love to see you again."

"Yeah, I guess."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I drove on my own to the restaurant. It was some fancy place downtown, in front of big commercial buildings and stores that sold clothing worth more than I made in a month at work. "The place is good. I'm sure the guys want to see what downtown is like." Gabi had said when she told me the address.

"Alright totally going to go broke with this meal but it's fine." I'd responded.

I parked, and sat in my car with the radio on for five minutes.

Gabi: Hurry up. We're hungry!

I finally slid out of my car and walked towards the restaurant.

The place was as expected, super high-class looking. But it smelled good inside, and they had a full place, so I'm sure it was probably great.

I saw Gabi's outstretched hand in the crowd of people. Stepping closer, I saw Bondy, Hannah next to him, Benji, Bob, and next to Gabi with an empty chair next to him, Van.

"My dear sweet Lucia, long time no see!" Bondy spoke first, tipping his hat to me.

"Hey Bond." I also said hello to Bob and Benji. My mouth dried up when I looked at Van, but I finally forced myself to clear my throat and smile. "Hi Van."