Chapter four

"What's got you so happy, Pietro?" Wanda smiled as Pietro walked out of his bedroom

"What's got you so happy, Pietro?" Wanda smiled as Pietro walked out of his bedroom. "Can't I just be happy?" He chuckled walking over to Raven's bedroom, opening the door. "I'm just wondering cause you're never this happy," Wanda stated, retreating back into her room. Pietro rummaged through a bag of Raven's clothes before he spotted the shorts she said she wanted, walking back into his own room, shorts in hand. "You were just complaining you were cold now you want shorts? You're weird." Pietro laughed tossing the shorts over to Raven. "If you're going to wear shorts you're going to wear one of my sweaters." He dug through his closet looking for a clean sweater, tossing one towards the bed. "Fine," Raven laughed, shoving a candy into her mouth, getting up out of bed, pulling the sweater over her body. "You're clothes are way more comfortable than mine you know," she grinned, pealing off her jeans and slipping the shorts on. "Dinner's soon, thank god!" Pietro smiled. "We've been eating for the past few hours," she smiled back, wrapping her arms around the front of Pietro's body, head on his chest. "A man can't be hungry?" He joked, resting his hands on her hips. The sun started to set early that night, when six o'clock rolled around it was almost completely dark outside. "Let's go have dinner, you can meet everyone." Pietro grabbed ahold of Raven's hand before they made their way to the elevator.
"Do you think they'll like me?" She questioned watching the numbers shrink before stopping. "Of course they will, they'd be stupid not too." He smiled. Their fingers laced between one another before stepping out of the elevator. Everyone was grabbing food, people chatting and laughing. Pietro lead Raven to where the food was, grabbing plates for both of them, filling them up then leading her to the table. "Oh, did I fail to mention we have a new member?" Tony chuckled spotting Raven and Pietro.

"Hi," Raven smiled, talking rather quietly. "I'm Raven," she hid slightly behind Pietro. "Let's sit down, yes?" He smiled, finding a spot for the two of them to sit down. Some people stared at the girl, she wasn't so sure why, maybe because she was still wearing Pietro's hoodie. "Well it's nice to meet you Lady Raven, I'm Thor," a tall long haired blonde smiled. "Natasha," this short red haired woman spoke with a smile. "I'm Wanda, Pietro's sister." Wanda smiled giving a small wave. "Bruce," a man still in his lab coat said. "I'm Steve Rogers, this is Bucky," the shorter blonde smiled and pointed to the man next to him with the metal arm. "I'm Clint." The man at the end of the table smiled. "It's all one big happy family, you'll fit right in, don't worry," Pietro reassured.

Everyone continued to chat and eat as for Pietro and Raven, they were dead silent, barely even talking to each other.

"So Raven, Tony says you have quite the backstory," Clint smiled in the girls direction. "I guess," she replied, taking a sip of her water. "It's nothing special. I was taken away from my family at a young age, thrown into a cell until I agreed to get experimented on, and well a few years ago I finally got out of that place and now I can create fire," she plastered on a smile and pretended like the past didn't hurt anymore. "Not that special," she said, a small flame ignited on her index finger. "That's actually really cool," Steve said in awe. "Thanks," she mumbled, shoving more food into her mouth to avoid saying anything else. "I couldn't help, but notice Pietro has taken a strong liking to Raven over here," Natasha teased. "So what if I did, none of your business Nat," Pietro smirked. "What does Raven think about it? Raven?" Natasha chuckled gesturing toward her. "I-I mean, I don't mind it." Raven stuttered, keeping her head down. "Nat why don't you pick on your boyfriends over there instead of us?" Pietro defended. Steve looked offended as for Bucky, he didn't give a shit. "Stop picking fights you two, especially you Nat, Raven is new." Wanda defended seeing as Raven has kept her head down the whole conversation. "Is it always like this?" Raven whispered in Pietro's direction. "Pretty much, Nat and I can be the assholes of the group, harmful bickering is what we do best when we're put in a room together," he chuckled. Raven continued to pile food into her mouth, trying to keep quiet and let them do what they're doing.

Soon enough the midnight blue sky turned a dark grey as rain poured down. "Thor if you start a thunderstorm tonight I'll let Loki out," Bruce warned, as thunder and lightning cracked in the night sky, making Raven jump. "C-can we leave now? it's really loud." Raven asked quietly. "Sure," Pietro smiled, resting his hand on her thigh. "Raven and I are going to go back upstairs and continue doing what we were doing." Pietro announced, helping Raven up and leading her back upstairs. "Better not be fucking on any of my expensive furniture!" Tony yelled after them. "We won't!" Pietro laughed back. Hearing another strike of thunder Raven jumped. "Don't like thunderstorms?" Pietro asked, his arm snaking around Raven's waist. "N-no not really." She muttered. The elevator doors opened and the stepped in, heading up a few floors before the doors opened again. "Wanna watch one more movie before we go to bed?" Pietro smirked. "Sure," Raven smiled, resting her head on Pietro's chest as they walked back into his room. they let go of each other for a minute, gathering their belongings that they needed. "Come 'ere" the blonde smiled, pulling the raven haired girl closer to him. "Don't worry about all that stuff back there, they all act like little kids," he laughed, giving the girl a short yet passionate kiss on those pretty red lips he loved so much, tasting like a cherry sucker and smoke. "Aren't we supposed to be the kids? We're still young," she smiled. "I guess so," Pietro answered. "You know you smile a lot when you're around me," she pointed out. "I never noticed," he smirked, kissing her again.