Chapter thirty four

Years later

Years later.

"Mummy?" The little boy asked, tugging on his mother's sleeve. "What happened to Daddy?" He asked.

"Some bad men that tortured us came to take me away again on our wedding day," she responded, tears silently falling from her eyes.

"The bad men killed a lot of people including your daddy." She muttered kneeling down in front of a grave stone that read 'Pietro Django Maximoff'.

"Is that why my middle name is Pietro? Because he died?" He asked.

"Phoenix Pietro Maximoff sounded nice. Your daddy would have loved it. I wish he could see you now." She smiled sadly. Wiping away her tears Raven stood up, picked up Phoenix.

"Grandpa Clint and Auntie Wanda are waiting." She smiled.

"What about Uncle Bucky and Steve? I miss them!" Phoenix smiled. "They're on a mission, remember buddy? They'll be back next week though." Raven smiled, suppressing her previous emotions. "You know who will be there though?" She teased.

"Who?" He smiled in excitement. "Tony and Peter! Peter said he really missed you and he said he had a present for you!" She smiled, kissing Phoenix on the cheek, making her way out of the cemetery.

Her phone buzzing in her pocket, she quietly pulled it out, answering and placing it up to her ear.

"Hey Nat!" She greeted. "Hey Raven, just wanted to check in, is everything okay?" She asked sympathetically. "Everything's as 'okay' as it can be for me right now. Are you still with Steve and Bucky or are you on your way home?" Raven asked, walking in the direction of the tower. "I'm coming home. I better get to see my little bean when I get back!" She laughed.

"Of course, he's been asking to see his auntie Nat for awhile now." Raven replied.

"Anyway text me when your close, I gotta go." She frowned. "See you soon, Rave." The call ended and she shoved her phone back in her pocket. "How would you like to see Auntie Nat?"

"When is she gonna be home?" Phoenix asked. "Probably tomorrow morning, Bud."

"Yay!" He giggled. His bright blue eyes sparking just like his fathers.