Chapter 24: Hickey

Morgan had a hickey.

Priam and I both mirrored each other as our thoughts were both preoccupied and away from the meeting.

He had visited this morning for breakfast and had donned a huge bruise on his neck.

I heard the swish of paper. I looked down to see my husband's familiar large messy script.

"Who do you think it is?"

I looked over at him and shrugged I was completely as baffled as him.

He shook his head and clicked his tongue as Miriel went on about how dire a situation is.

I had memorized my plans five times over and could fill Priam in later.

The sound of paper sliding brought my attention back to the page.

"Not a single clue?"

I rolled my eyes and shrugged again. Priam gave an unsatisfied huff taking the paper back.

I sighed as I looked down at the list that was under my notes.

I scribbled Lucina's name out more due to Brady becoming recently engaged with the young woman.

I looked down the list some more. I had come to the conclusion that it had to be one of the girls from the future. I just didn't know who!

I tapped my pencil on Severa's name unsure if my god daughter would even be a contender or not since she seemed to have Indio around her little pinkie. I crossed it out just in case.

What also didn't help the matter at all was that Indigo liked to flirt with every woman in camp so finding out if a girl was taken or not was tricky.

I knew Cynthia was out as well even though the bubbly girl got along with Morgan super well. Her and Yarne had just began courting and actually she promised herself to him already.

I looked up at the slightly exhausted exalt his mind somewhere else as well. But I mean when one of your daughters gets engaged and your youngest daughter finally gets a boyfriend only to be pre-engaged to him I guess any man would be exhausted.

I looked down at the Kajelle's name. She was also really close with Morgan but I knew that she was still working up her nerve to ask Owian out on a date.

I tapped my foot as I looked down the list trying to think if we had passed through a town with a cute shopkeeper or anyone else.

Priam absent mindedly started rubbing circles on top of my hand as he rested his cheek in his other hand.

My mama bear senses were still running wild if I was being truly honest. Don't get me wrong I knew that Morgan definitely noticed girls but I had hoped since he was so young and sweet he wouldn't go around getting hickeys! Conflicting emotions resided in me as I didn't pay attention to poor Miriel.

I continued down the list.

I looked at Noire's name I smiled as I thought back to all my conversations with the bi-polar girl. She was extremely nice and much like her father but she didn't hang out with Morgan much, but rather hung out with Gerome, Yarne, or Nah. I left her name blank.

All that was left was Nah.

Nah was more like a little sister to me though and she was always super shy around Morgan or busy with her books or helping out at the church.

I grabbed a few fistfuls of my white hair.

Who on earth is it!

A tap on my shoulder drew my attention back to the meeting.