Chapter 25: Twitter-painted

"Hey dad!"

I looked up from sharpening Ragnell. A smile on my face I saw that the boy had a pencil in his mouth and papers upon papers of his hasty chicken scratch on them in his hands.

I gave him a curious look and asked. "What are you up to?"

"Uhhhh." The boy gave me a shy look as he put the papers down and asked. "How did- well you must have somehow or at some point in time- but how did you..." the boy trialed off as he took a deep breath and spat out.

"How did you ask mom out? Like for the first time?" His earnest expression shocked me along with the nature of his question.

I felt my wet stone, causing my hand to almost get caught by Ragnell.

Morgan gave me a curious look tilting his head slightly and asked. "You okay dad?"

I felt blood rush to my face as memories of the Halloween festival came to my head along with our sudden engagement and the factor of little to no courting.

I felt suddenly flustered "W-well you see your mother and I, well we didn't exactly... we have never actually been a very traditional couple, so you see...." I scratched my head trying to come up with some sort or reasoning.

I ran my hand through my hair the air around me seeming to heat up as my flustered ranting didn't help the situation one bit.

Morgan had a very amused and mirthful expression as he teased. "So you and mother were one of those love at first sight couples."

Blood rushed to my face. "Of course not! I just found your mother very... diverting... from the start." I denied weakly.

Morgan laughed the boy snorting slightly as he pointed. "Dad you're red like a tomato!"

I pouted and rolled my eyes as the boy was reduced to giggles.

Yep, he was certainly Robin's child.

"Okay, okay, have your fun. Why the sudden interest?"

The boy stopped as it was his turn to blush. He scratched his head as he stated. "Well, you see there's this girl-" the boy looked up at me as he hid the papers behind his body.

Oh boy.

"But no matter how many times I talk to her she always seems busy, it's just... how do I impress her?!" He threw his hands outward a few of the papers falling around Morgan's feet.

"Maybe you should try talking to your mother about this?" I added feeling slightly awkward with this whole situation.

The boy nodded and exclaimed. "I did!"

He gathered all the papers together as he declared. "That's actually why I'm here!"

He paused as he reenacted. "I told mother I was going to try to write a song for this girl. But she just spat out her drink, started laughing and told me to find you. Uh, dad why are you so pale? Should I got get a medic?"

I sat down and rested my arms on my knees. My face in deep concentration as I tried to calm my blood flow.

"Robin you owe me." My angry muttering seeming to catch the boy's attention.

"What?"

"Nothing. Anything else you were thinking?"

Anything at all please. I begged silently.

The boy paused and mumbled. "Well there was the flower idea but... Nope! This should do the trick!"

I quickly went through my head on possibly which girl Morgan was into as the young man ranted about something.

Couldn't possibly be Severa, she was far too rebellious and seemed to hate everyone.

Norie? No, Robin said that some dragon rider had his eye on her.

I rested my hand on my chin the young man still blabbering on.

Kjelle still had a death threat on Morgan's head after the poor boy had walked in on her bathing. Which Gauis and Chrom found hysterical.

Cynthia was practically married to Yarne to Chrom's discomfort.....

Now who was that red haired girl...

Morgan was sill ranting about something.

What was her name? The red head with the strange name.

I tapped my foot in annoyance. Morgan had started pacing again as I concentrated.

I continued to rack my brain. She was the newest girl!

Nowi and Ricken's girl.

I continued thinking completely ignoring the boy in front of me now.

I never was really good with names. Nat? Leah? Ann? Nah, it couldn't be any of those.... Wait.

"Nah." I concluded gently plating my fist into the palm of my hand. The boy stopped in his tracks and gave me a curious look his body completely froze into place.

"So I shouldn't serenade her in the middle of the night, while on a horse?" The boy gesturing with his hands as he continued to stay frozen mid- step.

"No what? Please don't do that either. Nah, you are talking about Nah right?" I asked slightly eager.

I smiled as my hunch was right. Morgan had sadly inherited my horrible habit of blushing. The boy became beet red as he sat down the poor thing exhausted now. He let out a huge puff of air and rested his hand on his curly hair the boy donning a completely lovesick look.

"Yeah..." he softly smiled.

He looked to the ground the poor boy truly inheriting my blushing habits. I could tell his ears were dusted red while he placed his head on his knees.

"She's not like the other girls dad." He raised his head and stood the boy using his hands as he smiled and rambled. "She's... different. Everyone thinks she's so cool headed and serious but in reality she's just amazing, sweet, and super awesome."

He got even more excited as he practically floated on his own feet. "And she's got this huge personality and she just is so stunning! Like how on earth, and I mean she's got this little quirks, and she has these beautiful eyes and her voice! Man I could listen to it all day." He glanced my way his expression desperate and giddy.

I knew that look far too well. It was the same love sick look I had when I met Robin. I wonder if I looked this lovesick when I had told Sully about my affections for Robin.

I chuckled at how the energetic and confident boy was suddenly stumped by a girl. But then again I guess I was no better when I met the love of my life. I placed my sword in its sheath and stated.

"Well Morgan all I can say is that if you truly love this girl do something from the heart, maybe something she mentioned?"

I crossed my hands over myself my stance unwavering as ever.

Morgan sighed and stretched his limbs, papers still surrounding him and a pencil still resting on his ear.

"Well she did mention this super rare flower... maybe I should get her that?" He questioned the boy clearly trying.

"That might be a good start. But just make sure it's from the heart." Morgan smiled as he looked down at his gloved hands.

"Yeah, since she's trying her best. I'm gonna do my best!" I smirked as the boy practically flew out of the practice area a hurricane of paper and ink following leaving the stadium emptier than when he arrived.

"Dear gods he is so much like his mother."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Indienote: I deeply love Morgan. *sigh*