Good-Bye Jenny

*Kennedy's P.O.V.*

Beep, Beep, Beep. A monitor showing my heart beat rang in my ear until I was fully awake. I was in a white room, a hospital room. Niall sat in a chair next to my bed, sleeping with his arms over my legs. I adjusted myself under the covers and woke up Niall, he had bags under his eyes from sleep deprivation.

"How are you feeling?" Niall asked with his groggy, sleepy voice.

"I am feeling confused." I replied.

Niall sighed and said, "You passed out after I told you I loved you. And you weren't breathing well, so I brought you here. The doctors told me a few of your ribs were broken, making it difficult for you to breathe. Kennedy, why didn't you tell me you were pain?" His eyes started to swell with tears, then he grabbed my hand, his eyes completely black again.

"Niall, your eyes are doing it again." I say instead of answering his question.

"They are?" He stood up and walked over to the mirror hanging on the wall. He made a frustrated look in the mirror. "They only do that when I running low. I totally forgot to feed."

"When you say feed, it scares me a little." I admitted, "What do you mean by that anyways."

"Ever since that night when I was little, I crave other life." He shook his head, "I literally suck the soul out of other people, Kennedy." He sounded insane.

"Oh, don't say that. You're an amazing guy, Niall." I smiled at him.

"But it's true, and I'm scared I will do it to you-" He says, but gets cut off when the door opens. Justin walks in, and he was pale and a mess. He looked like he hadn't slept, or bothered to do his hair, which was unusual.

"Are you okay?" Justin says quietly.

"I'm fine." I say shortly, still uncomfortable being around him. Niall sensed my unsteadiness and stepped between Justin and I, protectively.

"What happened? When I heard, I couldn't sleep. Kennedy, I was very worried for you." Justin walked around Niall, and to my bed reaching to grab my hand. I moved away from him and Niall quickly swatted Justin's hand away from mine. Justin gave Niall a disgusted look, and stood tall to look superior to Niall.

"Dude, you need to lay off the drugs." Justin said offensively to Niall, noticing Niall's black eyes. Instinctively, I wanted to push them apart and run away with Niall, just like a movie, but this wasn't a movie, this was really happening. I was hurt and I couldn't protect Niall from Justin, I saw what Justin was capable of, I felt what Justin was capable of.

"Look who's talking." Niall poked back. I knew Justin drank alcohol, so what was stopping other drugs? Justin's face blew up a bright red, and he stepped close to Niall pressing his chest against Niall's. Niall shoved him back, his face was emotionless. Justin threw the first punch, hitting Niall in a large bruise on his jaw, and leading to a lot of cussing and kicking. They wrestled aggressively on the floor and on the furniture, knocking down things on table tops. I couldn't get out of the bed, I wanted badly to break them up, but all I could do was beg them to stop. Niall seemed to effortlessly flip and pin Justin to the floor, both of them beginning to bruise.

"Now, I am going to ask you for one favor." Niall said deeply.

"And what would that be?" Justin gritted through his teeth, his face a deep red with anger.

"You're going to leave Kennedy alone, she doesn't want you anymore." Niall grabbed Justin's hair on the back of his head and slammed Justin's face on the floor. Just as he did, multiple doctors and nurses rushed into the room, pulling the two apart. And taking them out of the room, they both tried to rip away from the doctors but were handed to security and out of my sight. My doctor stayed in the room while the others returned to their patients, my doctor was a middle-aged woman named Dr. Olsen. She wasn't very pretty, lots of wrinkles and saggy grey eyes. But she was very kind, I hadn't seen her since I was 13.